Wonderful Magnifica Experience! : MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by DLINES

Wonderful Magnifica Experience!

Sail Date: August 2017
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen
The ship lounges and public areas are beautiful and very clean. The staff were very helpful and quick to attend, friendly and happy. Everyone spoke multiple languages which is amazing and apparently necessary as there were passengers from all over Europe. We loved seeing the multicultural nature of the cruise. I'm stunned that people complain about that in other reviews. Welcome to a global community! The food was very good, sometimes excellent, sometimes just good, but considering they are feeding thousands of people at once - it was remarkable. There were always healthy options as well as lots of sweet indulgences. Terrific pasta dishes The spa served some amazing healthy blended drinks and shakes and unique specialty teas. The spa/wellness area was smaller than I expected but never seemed crowded so it was fine. We chose the Aurea experience which seemed well worth it. The library was really small - maybe 50 books in English and each language. Nice casino - though we More don't gamble - so don't know if it was good or not. Check in was a breeze - we walked right on, and disembarkation was the best I've ever seen on an cruise EVER! as were the crowd control strategies in general. I don't understand the negative reviews. We met some couples on the cruise that were complaining and I just didn't get it. One couple said the staff seemed unhappy - but we found them just the opposite, warm and welcoming. (Maybe you get what you put out - just sayin') We were a bit worried before we sailed due to the negative reviews - but loved every second and we're pretty fussy as I used to be a cruise director myself and had worked on ships for years. Also the ports in Norway were astounding - spectacular. We would definitely sail with MSC again. Less

Published 09/09/17

Cabin review: B312077 Balcony Stateroom

The cabin was spotlessly clean - lots of room to store luggage, plenty of drawers in closet. Loved having the balcony. Bed was very comfortable and the linens were excellent. Robe and slippers a nice touch. Our room steward was attentive, friendly. There was a bit of noise one night on the deck above. I casually mentioned it to the concierge. The officer came to the room to check. He promised the crew would be very careful and there was no more noise. The purser called the next two days to make sure we'd had a good night sleep. Amazing service.

Read All Balcony Stateroom (B3) Reviews >>

We walked all around the town. The was a HUGE lined for the train to the top lookout which would have taken over an hour and I was not prepared to do that - so I hiked up the mountain which was a wonderful 4 km walk up a beautiful winding road and then rode the train down. If you're up for the hike its worth it.
Read 445 Bergen Reviews

Great city. Visited the Carlsburg museum and Tivoli. The boat tour in the canal included the Tivoli entrance. Bought the tour on Viator - great deal.

Again, we did a hike put to the waterfall which again was amazing. We were told on the ship that you can't get train tickets on the flamsbode railway - but we got off the ship around 9:30 am, walked a 100 metres to the rail station and bought round trip tickets to Nyrdol. It was about $60 CAD each and we loved the trip. You can stay in Nyrdol for lunch if you want before the return trip but we came right back.
Read 162 Flam Reviews

Pretty German town - nice park - nice to walk around and see the boats, ice cream shops and cafes. The beach is really lovely and you can rent a cabana and hang out at the beach. We didn't do an organized tour but loved the day.

Compare Prices on MSC Magnifica Baltic Sea Cruises