3. MSC Magnifica
The ship lounges and public areas are beautiful and very clean. The staff were very helpful and quick to attend, friendly and happy. Everyone spoke multiple languages which is amazing and apparently necessary as there were passengers from all over Europe. We loved seeing the multicultural nature of the cruise. I'm stunned that people complain about that in other reviews. Welcome to a global community! The food was very good, sometimes excellent, sometimes just good, but considering they are feeding thousands of people at once - it was remarkable. There were always healthy options as well as lots of sweet indulgences. Terrific pasta dishes The spa served some amazing healthy blended drinks and shakes and unique specialty teas. The spa/wellness area was smaller than I expected but never seemed crowded so it was fine. We chose the Aurea experience which seemed well worth it. The library was really small - maybe 50 books in English and each language. Nice casino - though we don't gamble - so don't know if it was good or not. Check in was a breeze - we walked right on, and disembarkation was the best I've ever seen on an cruise EVER! as were the crowd control strategies in general. I don't understand the negative reviews. We met some couples on the cruise that were complaining and I just didn't get it. One couple said the staff seemed unhappy - but we found them just the opposite, warm and welcoming. (Maybe you get what you put out - just sayin') We were a bit worried before we sailed due to the negative reviews - but loved every second and we're pretty fussy as I used to be a cruise director myself and had worked on ships for years. Also the ports in Norway were astounding - spectacular. We would definitely sail with MSC again.

Wonderful Magnifica Experience!

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by DLINES

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
DLINES’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 12077
The cabin was spotlessly clean - lots of room to store luggage, plenty of drawers in closet. Loved having the balcony. Bed was very comfortable and the linens were excellent. Robe and slippers a nice touch. Our room steward was attentive, friendly. There was a bit of noise one night on the deck above. I casually mentioned it to the concierge. The officer came to the room to check. He promised the crew would be very careful and there was no more noise. The purser called the next two days to make sure we'd had a good night sleep. Amazing service.
Capri Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins