• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Badbird
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin:

Let's start at the beginning. Arriving at the Port on a beautiful sunny day, parking was easy. Embarkation went smoothly, approximately 30 minutes until we were on board. Had lunch on the Lido deck, the Red Sail buffet food was so/so but the deli made me a tuna melt that was good. The grill on the Lido deck had good burgers & hotdogs that my husband liked. Our room was ready by 1:30, the room was listed as a handicapped room, the room itself was small but the bathroom was large. The closet was disappointing, very small! The bed was comfortable. The air conditioner did not work well at first but did eventually cool the room. This was our 3rd cruise with Carnival and the other rooms had nice size closets and cold AC. We definately won't book a handicapped room again.

The staff was friendly, our dining room waiter was excellent as was our room steward. When ever you ask a question I found the staff to be very nice and helpful. You never had to seek out a crew memeber there was always someone near by.

The adult only pool/spa area was NOT, it seems kids can run anywhere unsupervised which I find annoying. I am not anti kid but I think kids need to be with parents when in spas and pools. There are plenty of deck chairs and lounges. Someone is always asking if you want a drink, you don't have to go to the bar at all.

Room 9292 had one tiny closet which was very disappointing and the air conditioning did not work well, it did cool off a little at night so you could sleep but it was never really cool.The bed was comfortable and the linens soft.This is a handicapped room so the bathroom was a good size.

Port Reviews

Nassau

The port was very nice, clean, beautiful water. You need to take a taxi to Atlantis Resort but it is a reasonable $4.00 per person each way. Since we arrived on a Sunday the shops were closed but did open later in the day, by then we were too tired and returned to the ship.

St. Thomas

Beautiful views, water. Very clean. Need to take taxi to shopping.

St. Maarten

Beautiful, clean, easy walking distance to excursion, some shops. Water taxi's easily available.

Find a Carnival Glory Cruise from $249