3. Emerald Princess
Nice ship, excellent dining room staff and food! The food was wonderful. Crown Grill is excellent (cost you extra but it is worth it -- 5 star dining service and food!!) All the food from the dining room and buffet is excellent too. If you are a smoker -- this is probably not the cruise ship for you!! Very, very limited smoking -- and you can hardly even find an ashtray in the casino! You cannot sit at any bar and smoke-- neither pool side, or casino, or inside. Wish I had known that before I booked this trip! You can smoke on Port Side on level 7 and Port side on level 15 by the small pool-- not the big pool where the movie screen is and you can smoke on level 16 port side next to the bar in a very, very tiny space with 3 ashtrays. Smokers were having a real hard time trying to cram into very little spaces in segrated areas with hardly any ashtrays. They might as well make it a non-smoking cruise ship other than in your room -- that's about what it amounted to. Wed night in the casino was "Non smoking night". We have traditionally been on NCL and loved it! We wanted to go to St. Maarten so picked Princess this time. Everyone kept asking "what do you think of Princess" -- we just listened -- alot of people had been on Royal Caribbean & liked that better,etc. The people who had only been on Princess said they liked it. I said I think it's just what you are used to --personally I still like NCL and I've been on Carnival (which I hated), been on Royal Carribean which I really liked and now tried Princess -- which I prob won't go on again. Why not Princess? Like I said -- the food was probably the best I've had! They do not make people sanitize their hands getting back on the ship. You do it going into the buffet, but not in the dining room. The ice cream lady did not wear gloves. They are not as bacteria conscious as NCL. The bar staff on our departure date on the pool side -- almost didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. Couldn't get a drink for 20 minutes and that was after the rush hour when we finally ordered one. 1 bartender & the waiter just stood and roamed around waiting for 15-20 minutes not knowing what to do. As my friend said -- they just don't have it together and look like they don't know what they are doing. Our room steward Mike was a Godsend!! He was absolutely wonderful!! I wanted to take him home!! He's so fast -- I bet he could clean my whole house in one day! I will say their prices were very reasonable on the ship for anything you buy. That was nice. The entertainment was good. I wish the captain would have spoke to us more often and explained what islands we were passing by or given us a morning report from him. The cruise director was about the only one we heard from telling us when we could depart, etc We really had no idea what we were passing or seeing as they didn't tell us. I will say every crew member was very friendly. If you passed anybody in the hall or on ship -- officer or staff they always said hello to you and spoke to you -- that was nice! Overall, we had a great time and really got to relax and enjoy our vacation. I'm sure you will too. Comdoc 2

Emerald Princess Oct 11-18

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by comdoc2

comdoc2’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin P204
Plaza 204 - Oceanview -- It's a little window -- not a picture window.
Room is small. We were on the 5th floor. It's a small room - unobstructed -- but in the bottom of the ship! For the same amount of money we could have a bigger window on another cruise line. This was not much bigger than a Porthole!
Didn't get what we thought we were getting. It's a big jump in price from this room to a balcony ($200 a person more) as this ship caters to balcony rooms.
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans