Silver Whisper Cruise Review

Silver Whisper Cruise Review by pattymarvel

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Friends recommended this cruise line and were on this cruise. I had to go find one of my bags downstairs myself long after all the others were delivered. It was in quarantine because of a Swiss Army knife that I travel with. I wish someone had told me that it was there. I was worried it had been lost. I don't know when it would have been delivered to me. The ship, food, entertainment, service and all were lovely.

My only real complaint is about some of the tours. They were the classic get on the bus and follow the paddle. If there were no ear phones (and there weren't about half the time) you couldn't hear anything the tour guide was saying. Some places were so touristy, like that place in Holland with the windmills, that I wouldn't even want to go there. It was sooooooo crowded that we only had time to try to keep up with the paddle, and I am quite mobile. Same for the tour of Bruges. We spent the whole time just trying to keep up with the paddle. On the tour of Bruges, one of the passengers fell and hurt herself needing 9 stitches in her finger. The tour guide seemed only concerned about getting all the others to the bus. I'm not sure who called her a taxi. Betsy from the ship store was great with her first aid kit and stayed with the woman. I think every tour needs someone like Betsy to bring up the rear and see no one gets lost or hurt. I can easily see how passengers get left. Best tour was the concert in the Hermitage.

pattymarvel's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V1 508

Very nice. Plenty of room. Loved our butler.

Old Town of Tallinn

great guide

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews
St. Petersburg

Miserably crowded. Had no ear buds. Missed the turning on of the fountains.

st peteresburg symphony performance at the Hermitage

Best tour of the cruise!

View All 9 st peteresburg symphony performance at the Hermitage Reviews
Wismar

Much bigger cities than I expected but interesting.

Helsinki

Walked around the town by ourselves and had a nice time.

Walking Tour

Just so crowded. No ear buds so couldn't hear what the guide had to say. Thank heavens for the free time. Guide didn't seem to care for an injured passenger very well.

View All 51 Walking Tour Reviews
Catherine Palace

Not as crowded.

View All 226 Catherine Palace Reviews
Delft Blue Pottery Factory

Nice tour of the factory with a little time for purchases.

View All 26 Delft Blue Pottery Factory Reviews
Edam Walking Tour

Nice tour of the cheese farm.

View All 13 Edam Walking Tour Reviews
Zaanse Schans Windmills

I am not sure this is the one where there was a little touristy village with 4 windmills you saw from afar. There was a wooden shoe carving demonstration. This was my least favorite tour. Way too touristy and crowded. Just ran after the paddle the whole time. No ear buds to hear anything.

View All 61 Zaanse Schans Windmills Reviews