3. Carnival Breeze
Wife and I have only been on one previous cruise (Diamond Princess) prior to the Carnival Breeze. We have always heard about Carnival being the budget party boat and have neglected to take a Carnival ship. Since moving to Texas we have heard generally good comments about the Breeze. We decided to take a Caribbean cruise and take our Nieces and Nephew along. Price point was attractive along with kid programs on ship. Embarkation/disembarkation was smooth as can be and did not take too long. Muster drill could have run a little smoother. My rating from 1-10 if an 11 is due to going above and beyond Cabins 8204 8208 Stateroom / Balcony 9 Stateroom Stuart (John) 11 (This guy was the most helpful and nicest person we could ask for) Dining room staff 11 (even though we had anytime dining we are at the same time every day and got to know our staff) Ship overall appearance 8 Ship employees 7 (staff in the common areas did not appear to like their jobs and were not all that helpful with questions) Ship cleanliness 7 (many areas were not promptly cleaned of food and drink items) Lots of areas not being used had food items left behind) Food quality 7-8 (lava cake thing 10) We ate dinner in the dining room for, Breakfast 7 Most of the food was good except for the soggy greasy bacon. Dinner 7 Couple items was tasty and enjoyable others had a weird after taste to them. Also ate dinner at the Frog pub (10), all items on the list was pub style food and was flavorful with many choices. lunch, Guys Burgers 9 solid choice for burgers Guys BBQ 6 dry over cooked meat and sides (I do live in Texas with some of the best Q Bonsai Sushi (6) Sushi was served warm (beyond room temps) Blue iguana (8) Solid Mexican food Ports and shore excursions included with our cruise were fun and exciting (Mahogany Bay, Belize City and Cozumel. We did not explore Galveston since we are local to Texas. Question is will we take another Carnival Cruise? Sure, why not, way I see it, you get what you pay for and we knew what we were getting into when purchasing this cruise. I'm sure the boat has more party people during certain dates. We did not see too many people over indulging with the sauce. Kids loved the kids stuff and water related stuff. Hope I sounded Okay with this review, normally don't do them.

Better than we expected

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by rrtexascruiser

Cabins 8204 8208

Stateroom / Balcony 9

Ship overall appearance 8

Food quality 7-8 (lava cake thing 10)

We ate dinner in the dining room for,

Breakfast 7 Most of the food was good except for the soggy greasy bacon.

lunch,

Guys Burgers 9 solid choice for burgers

Bonsai Sushi (6) Sushi was served warm (beyond room temps)

Blue iguana (8) Solid Mexican food

rrtexascruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8204 8208
Cabin was clean and had plenty of storage. Bathroom sink took a long time to drain. Beds appeared to be old even though ship just came out of dry dock.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins