Sun Princess Cruise Review

Great cruise but could have been better

Sun Princess Cruise Review by RubyRob

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

This was my 5th cruise and 4th time to the first three islands on this cruise, I was really looking forward to the last two islands. On the whole the service was good or as good as my first cruise a few things let it down, I was with my wife and daughter, this was my daughters first cruise she loved it, so we all took the beverage package so we wouldn't have to worry about what we were spending, had done this on my last cruise and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately we kept getting charged extra, we knew how it works you buy one drink at a time. It seems some of the staff don't know how it works especially the dining room, we would go to guests services to get things sorted out and they treated us like we were criminals, as you can imagine we were not impressed spending $1800 dollars to have no hassles, I would not recommend purchasing the beverage package.

Overall we found the ship to be very nice loved the décor and the design of the ship. The food was of a decent quality with plenty of variety, the service in the dining room was good and friendly. The entertainment was a disappointment compared to other cruises I've been on, only song and dance and comedy in the theatre, I'm used to seeing plays acted out on stage on all the previous cruises I've been on and was looking forward to some of the same unfortunately that did not happen. Seems everything is aimed at the over 70's age group on this ship. Champagne Beach was the highlight of the cruise definitely recommend going there, however I might have find a cruise line that caters for younger adults next time.

RubyRob's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview
Cabin OC E310

Cabin was much smaller than the other ships I've been on especially the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable probably the best I,ve encountered.

Glassbottom Boat

The glassboat was nice however did not snorkel as I was getting a cold from snorlkelling at Lifou, got movie of the tropical fish coming to the surface would recommend this excursion.

View All 5 Glassbottom Boat Reviews