3. Avalon Tapestry II
We had never done a river cruise. So we arrived with a little trepidation. Left with love. Food,crew, boat, was perfect. Other passengers were fine, mostly from the US. We fell in with a couple from Canada and another couple from Aussie land and a group from the US, don't think we've laughed that much for years I'd include the crew in that. Cabins were as good as any hotel we've stayed in around the world, not huge, but then we spent most of our time either on trips or in the public lounge, on the sun deck or in the spar, we had a great bed and beautiful bathroom. I'm a fussy sleeper, a feather pillow I asked, "no problem said reception" We had been on a sea cruise in 2016, it was fine! But we are now river cruisers. The Captain and crew were friendly and very hard working. My advice to anyone reading this review is, ignore reviews that complain about food or their cabins or the crew. My wife and I spend a lot of the year traveling and if you think this review is over the top and sycophantic, please see other reviews on TripAdvisor under my Whinchmore hill reviews. For me the highlight of the trip was the excursion to the Normandy beach's, while my wife loved the visit to the Chateau of (Not to night) Josephine and Napoleon.

Amazing !

Peter Simpkinā€™s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tapestry II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 2016
As I said absolutely fine.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins