3. Majesty of the Seas
This was my first cruise so I had nothing to compare it to except what others had told me. Communication aboard ship was lacking for a first time cruiser. If there was an orientation we didn't see it advertised. More info as to where things were and "you are here" signs would help. Explaining how the travel mugs provided with the drink package worked would also have been helpful. The ship was nice, clean and comfortable despite its age. The cabin was clean and functional. We had issues with excursions we booked being canceled and rebooked with little to no notice.The excursion guy was rude and uncaring when we tried to address the issue with him. Lots of time wasted getting off the ship in Nassau to go to Atlantis. Why should we have to wait for people that get up late or for another cruise ship's passengers. We could have taken a cab had we been told. We had the MyTime dining option and didn't know we needed to book the time before we left port or would have to wait for a table. The food was so-so; we felt rushed in the dining room two nights. The food was often cold, especially breakfast (cold eggs Benedict - yuck). Espresso was terrible - just plain coffee in a tiny cup, tepid at best. I wanted a Scotch and water but kept getting a Scotch and ginger ale, even after explaining what I wanted. The Windjammer Buffet was decent as well as the Chefs Table (at $85 a person). Staff was very nice (except the guy mentioned above) and helpful when asked. Entertainment was decent; no one major. The comedian was good but very short show, like 10 minutes. It was nice not to have people hawking you all the time to buy things, but the ship is oriented around selling things - art, watches, jewelry, etc. The casino was nice but the smoking was terrible. I would have enjoyed a day at sea at the start to get oriented with onboard stuff like the day-at-sea at the end. I'll have to look for that next time.

Got to see a stingray

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Striper.Seeker

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
Striper.Seeker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

typical cabin. Ocean view was okay, but on a deck that everyone used, so if we were in there the curtains were usually closed because it was like we were in a zoo and everyone walking by could look in the window and see us.
  Majesty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Atlantis Resort
    Getting there SUCKED. nearly 2.5 hours after getting up at 0630 to get in line and wait, and wait....we waited for another cruise ship to get with us. Take a cab for $8 once you get your wrist bands. You'll have more time at the park. No cash. Credit card and drivers license is needed. Lockers are at the far end of the park and cost $26. Pack light if you don't want to use them. Get a dry bag. Very expensive to eat. $11 for a 1liter bottle of water.
  • Atlantis Resort
    Small, short self guided tour (about 20 mins to get through it). Decent fish. There is also areas spread out all over the park.
  • Atlantis Resort
    This is what the place is about. Lots of slides and river tube. Not much else to do.
  • Dolphin Encounter
    Dolphin show was good. The area is a man-made pool (smells strong of fish and dolphin poop); Cameras are not allowed near the dolphins but pictures can be purchased. Groups of 6 - 8 people are made after donning wet suits. kind of short for all the waiting we did. About 40 mins.
    View All 136 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
  • Perfect Day at CocoCay
    They keep the sun off you for a while but they are not moveable and when the sun moves you are cooked inside. Very little vents to let any breeze inside. We wound up moving our loungers out into the open under a tree it was so hot inside.
    View All 13,931 Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Perfect Day at CocoCay Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Our original time needed to be changed because the jet skiing was changed. The tide had gone out and water was very shallow so not much opportunity. Plus we book a clam shell beach cabana and it was far from the snorkeling.
    View All 72 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Wave Jet
    I assume this is jet skiing. Decent guided tour. You can't go wherever you want, but you can get to full speed and ride for long stretches. Our guide was good. Explained some local sites. Water was clear and not too choppy. Our time slot was rebooked for the morning because the tides were low and it really screwed up our plans. Little to no notice about the change too. We almost missed it.
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    I thought the whole entry process was great. Very smooth and efficient. I was concerned when we first got there seeing all the people, but it went quickly and we were soon on the boat. More signage or a paper explaining what would happen would be nice. Such as our luggage being left in the hall way outside the cabin. We would have made it a point to get there sooner to secure them. But over all it was a smooth day.
    View All 2,197 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews