Marina Cruise Review

Marina Cruise Review by arkie20

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

I chose this cruise for the itinerary. Cruising the North Sea was wonderful and those countries are wonderful. It was a busy cruise with only one sea day. The food which the Cruise Line constantly talks about was good but still cruise food. The ship was nice, newer, and well maintained. The cruise was boring. There was really nothing to do during off times. Drinks were ridiculously expensive.

I must say, though, that the service on this cruise was the best on a cruise I have ever experienced. They were helpful, friendly, attentive, and friendly. I can't praise the staff enough.

The shows and entertainment were sorely lacking. The shows weren't promoted much. I went to one show and it was not very good. There was never piped in music at the pool or bars and this cruise could have used some. Sitting by the pool, there was never any bands or performers. I think a pool should have a little entertainment.

arkie20's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level
Cabin A1 9007

The concierge stateroom is a nice size with a balcony. On our floor there was a concierge lounge which is a very nice bonus, featuring a concierge, coffee, sweets, juice, and current news. I really used and enjoyed the concierge lounge. I also had access to private hot tubs and lounge chairs by the spa. Very nice.

Southampton

I went from Heathrow to Southampton to board the cruise.Nice town to drive through.

Le Havre

Took a city tour on my own. Not much to see here but the weather and the tour were nice enough.

Brugge (Bruges)

I booked my own bus ride into Bruges which was about 10 miles away. My bus was much cheaper than the cruise ride and just as convenient. The town of Bruges is wonderful. I'm a big fan of the movie,"In Bruges" so I really enjoyed this port.

Antwerp

Antwerp was a big surprise. Wonderful town. I took a hop on-hop off tour on my own and loved this town. It's full of diamond and jewelry stores and is a bustling city with great buildings.

Amsterdam

I've spent time in Amsterdam and love this town. It rained while I was there but I still took a canal cruise.

Hamburg

Hamburg was the highlight of my cruise. I booked a Beatle tour from home with Stephanie Hempel and it was one of the best tours I've ever taken. I am a huge Beatle fan and Stephanie did a wonderful job. A big reason I took this cruise was to visit Hamburg and see where the Beatles started.

Kristiansand

I walked off the ship into town. Not much to do here. I felt this port was just a filler.

Oslo

I liked Oslo. Clean, efficient and cosmopolitan. I took a city tour on my own leaving from the ship. Interesting Place..

Gothenburg

The cruise provided a shuttle to the city center and I took a hop-on hop-off tour which turned out to be a disaster. The city is very nice, though.

Copenhagen

I stayed for 3 days in Copenhagen after the cruise. Very expensive but the people are the nicest I've ever experienced. I love this town.

arkie20