3. Disney Magic
I wanted to see Italy, and due to costs for a family of 4 , seeing all the different ports , a cruise seemed the less expensive way to travel, allowing us to try out each spot so we could make a return trip for a longer stay in the future. A friend had booked Disney Magic and loved cruising with them prior, so i jumped on board, literally. Alcohol policy: You are now permitted to bring 2 bottles of wine or 6 CANS of beer per adult on the cruise and at each port. This is the way to go. We took our own glass of wine to dinners, and poured our own beers during the day as Alcohol is VERY expensive on any cruise ship, example is they were selling 20 Corona beers with a cooler for $130.00 US. A glass of wine is $13 Can, cappuccinos $4 US. Hint: Take on your own water bottle and refill as you need too, they sell you water for the excursions with a mini cooler for over 40 dollars. CHECKING INN: easy, quick and efficient ROOMS: not having anything to compare the room too as this was my first cruise, it was 200 sq feet, 2 bathrooms, one with a sink and toilet, one with a shower and sink. we had an inside cabin.. room 2068.. DO NOT TAKE THIS ROOM..it is a great clean room, but it is right under the main lobby where all the characters and little ones meet, nightly live music and stays active until 11pm every night. Also we were on top of the hydrolic pistons that are very noisy and go off every 3 mins or so especially when you arrive at port. Sleep was not happening, we did ask for a different room but they were fully booked, after the 4th night i was so tired i could have cried, i went back and some people hadn't reembarked so we given a different room. Thank you Disney FOOD: you will not be hungry. no complaints at all, nothing bad to say , there is something for everyone almost 18 hours a day, plus room service at no cost , only tipping. SERVICE: I have never seen so many happy workers, all smiles and accommodating. My servers for the trip Duante and Noel were AWESOME.. I MEAN THE BEST SERVERS I HAVE EVER HAD. They even cut up my sons chicken from the bone..Its a hard life being on a cruise ship, long hours, time away from family yet these fellas do their jobs with a smile and such happiness and kindness. Thank you. EXCURSIONS: SHIP ONES.. DO NOT DO.....They are way over priced and not what they appear.. you can do all the ports on your own for a 1/4 of the cost. Hint.. don't be the first off the ship, be one of the last ones, the cabs that are left are willing to haggle the price so they don't leave without a fare. and you end up with your own tour guide, we did this for all ports and had no troubles and saved over 3000$ doing it this way. The excursions for a family of 4 range from 500 euro - 1000 euro, and the Euro is 1.60 .. so you are paying up to 1200 $ for one day out, and that does not include any food or entrance fees.. Send me any questions regarding excursions. I would not suggest taking a young one to Pompeii, you can stay for a week and never see the whole town, its hot, little shade ,one restaurant that is very busy and tons of walking on old stone that is slippery and steep. Colosuim and Vatican: def take a cab and pay for a tour guide that offers you front of the line, worth it or you will spend your day in line waiting.. Vatican is 4 hour wait . CRUISE SHIP: Clean clean clean.. they are very aware of germs and you use bacterial wipes before entering any place of food. but for anyone over the age of 7, there is little to do on the ship on sea days, there is an adult pool that is quite small, a Brilliant gym, but anything else is cost. bingo is 50 dollars. other than that they do have a daily agenda , but nothing that would make you jump up and down .. keeping in mind its a Disney cruise, they really are geared to kids, which run around the ship laughing and dressed in super hero costumes and princess dresses all day. movies are run all day on a big screen for the kids, and there are 2 water slides and a teeny tiny kids pool that was packed like sardines, and had to be evacuated once a day for poop clean up. We didn't see any shows, as our dinner seating was 815 , and by the time you have finished its close to 10 pm and i had a teen that couldn't come into any of the pubs or discos, so we didn't go. I was disappointed with Disney charging 6 dollars for a small box of popcorn at the movie theater.. come on Disney, that cost you 50 cents to make, we paid over 9 thousand , you can't give the popcorn to the kids.. that ticked me off, its a money maker, every where you turn, for photos, for bottles water to the alcohol and the disney store, they are making a good coin, so be prepared to have some type of tab when you check out. Personally, i wouldn't do another cruise, was not my thing, to much down time, pool too small, drinks overpriced, excursions are a total rip off.. you pay a lot to take one of these, I did expect more wow and a bigger ship. But if you have princess's and princes who are Disney mad, they would have a blast.

I will let you decide..

Disney Magic Cruise Review by lulife

CHECKING INN: easy, quick and efficient

lulife’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+

• Cinque Terre
    long, drawn out, no history just dropped off for 2 1/2 hours in the heat, wasnt told there qould be a beach, so no bathing suits.. just all day travelling for 1000$ for 4 a def dont do
    View All 71 Cinque Terre Reviews