3. Carnival Victory
We picked this cruise mainly because the of the date - it set sail on our 25th anniversary and went to Key West (where hubby had never been) and Cozumel (new to both of us). Embarkation was fairly easy but not friendly at all. This is my fourth cruise and the least friendliest embarkation to my great surprise! Disembarking was much more friendlier and easy because we had a Carnival excursion to the Everglades and transfer to the airport.I highly recommend doing an excursion and transfer on your last day. It's the way to go for ease and fun! Our cabin was fabulous - we had an oceanview room. Dining was good - we had your time dining which we find perfect for us as we like to be flexible. I eat in a local three diamond restaurant often at home so the food to me wasn't overly exciting - but it was good and that Chocolate Melting Cake makes up for any other areas! The ship requires some time to figure out where everything is. We got lost several times and were almost late to a few things we wanted to be on time/early for. There's a lot of talk about Victory being old and worn. It needs a little updating but it didn't detract from the FUN!!! The piano bar with Reynold Senn was the most fun event on the ship at night! We went every night and had a blast! Our cabin steward (Putu) was helpful and nice. Kat the Bartender on the Serenity Deck is the most awesome person on the ship! We loved the adults only Serenity Deck (really wish they had a pool up there instead of just hot tubs - which were too hot that far south in August!) We would go again definitely - it was our second trip on the Victory. We did the Key West Pub Crawl. Not as fun as I expected - plus it was miserable hot. We did the Everglades tour and airport transfer and it was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. We went outside of Carnival and did Mr. Sancho's Beach Club in Cozumel - great facility for the money and it's all you can eat and drink from 8-5. Great service and everything you need EXCEPT beach towels!! Take your own if you go. And bring bug spray as the mosquitoes were ferocious. My BIGGEST disappointment was that Margaritaville in Cozumel was CLOSED!!! 3 ships in port and they closed early. I would like to personally tell Jimmy Buffet how ridiculous that was! They would have made a small fortune off us alone! But that's not Carnival's fault. We had a fabulous time and enjoyed all the staff on board that we encountered. (The rude ones were in the terminal on the first day.) Great value for your money and so many options of what you can do. It's definitely the FUN SHIP!

Tons of fun on the FunShip!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by ricew001

Our cabin was fabulous - we had an oceanview room.

We would go again definitely - it was our second trip on the Victory.

ricew001’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2340
The cabin had plenty of storage room and we were able to stay organized. My sister had it decorated for our anniversary which was incredibly nice.
We didn't realize there was a refrigerator in the closet until we were leaving!!! That was a big disappointment. The trip would have been even better if we could have kept somethings cold!
The safety railing in the bathroom was loose from the wall but I hear the bathrooms are being upgraded - which is needed.
The temp was comfortable, The bedding was nice, We slept like a baby. Very little time in the room but it was nice to wake up and see the light and the port as we came into it!
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    Mr. Sanchos was recommended by a friend and was fantastic. Very affordable for a nice facility with all you can eat and drink for the day! Great pool and beach area with nice chairs and plenty of opportunities to seek shade. Some shops there too. My only complaint that as "All inclusive" I didn't think we'd need to bring our beach towels. I was wrong - so remember your beach towels! The staff was nice and the drinks were not watered down at all. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely go back if we go to Cozumel again!
    View All 12,792 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Pub Crawl
    I was disappointed. I was expecting a little more history and information on the town. A bit too many drinking jokes (yes I know it was a pub crawl, but still!) It was a fast pace when it was so miserably hot. I mean really hot and I'm from a hot southern state with high humidity myself! Miguel at Rick's was the best bartender. The first bar the bartender made a comment about having to get up so early to open for us. Not to nice to people who are tipping you.
    The drinks were good and the tour guide was helpful in explaining drink options. We ran to some shops we spotted along the way but not enough time - except in Hard Rock Cafe - the most expensive one of course where I spent a small fortune.
    View All 21 Pub Crawl Reviews
  • Everglades Tour
    This tour was great! About an hour on the boat with lots of sightseeing! We saw several alligators and birds. The guide was funny and informative. We enjoyed the show. The gift shop is tiny but I bought several things there including the only t shirt I bought myself. The food is outside and I had already bought some peanuts inside so I skipped it. The choices were limited. The bus there and back was comfortable and air conditioned. The tour guide was informative. Be prepared to tip your bus driver/the tour guide/the boat driver and the "wrestler". We got soaking wet from a rain storm but in Florida in August, that can help cool things down!
    View All 112 Everglades Tour Reviews