3. Viking Star
I chose this cruise for the ports of call. Denmark, Sweden, Finland , Norway, Estonia, Russia and Poland. I realized it was a little more than the other cruise lines but I was intrigued by the "Viking" ocean cruises. I have cruised on Holland, America, Renaissance, Uniworld and Celbrity so I am no stranger to cruising. First of all there are NO extras! You have a free excursion in each port, but of course you can up grade to specialty excursions. There is beer and wine offered at lunch and dinner, but you can upgrade to premium wines and cocktails for a fee. There is free WiFi. But the availability is spotty and very slow as it is on all lines. There is a 3 machine laundry on every floor, FREE. There are specialty dining options at NO charge. There are no children, no casinos. Entertainment is all over the ship with a pianist, a guitar soloist a three piece combo rotating. The young entertainers did three shows geared to our age group. Lots of space to relax, only 900 passengers! The staff were friendly and enthusiastic whether they were beginning or ending their 7 month contract. After 3 days several knew me by name. I cannot say enough about Viking Ocean cruises. They were amazing!

Well worth the money

Viking Star Cruise Review by Lobstarlady1

Lobstarlady1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Roomy. Picture window and a door to the balcony. Large bathroom,