3. Celebrity Silhouette
First the good parts: The My Time dining was great. If they couldn't seat us right away we were given a pager and could go wait in the bar. Just like in a shore based restaurant. This was so pleasant after the foolishness we've experience with Royal Caribbean. The food and service were great. The ship was clean and well maintained. The tables in the Ocean View Cafe were always cleaned promptly when they became vacant. The nightly entertainment in the theatre was generally very good (didn't need the hypnotist). I wish I could say the same about the entertainment around the ship, and the first production show in the theatre which were third rate (singers who could not hold a tune). The Celebrity orchestra was excellent. Now the little things that can ruin a holiday very quickly: We had 4 airport transfers included with this cruise and every one was screwed up by Celebrity in some way, ranging from being met by a person not identified as from Celebrity and had our name badly misspelled, to having no record we had paid for the transfer off the ship. The worst was when we along with 7 other couples were transferring from Iceland to Amsterdam after our pre-cruise holiday from Celebrity. There was no one to meet us at the airport and it took the 16 of us a lot of running around, asking for assistance, and time, to find the Celebrity desk (located nowhere near the meeting area or luggage pickup), only to be told the bus had just left and we would have a 45 min wait for the next bus. Tendering in Edinburgh was handled very poorly. I could have run it better. I’ll leave it at that. A couple of promises that were made by Celebrity when we booked the cruise were not followed through with till be contacted our travel agent. The Captain’s Club hostess and Guest Services just blamed it on Corporate.

A great cruise ruined by the little things.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Doggy1900

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda
First the good parts:

The ship was clean and well maintained.

Now the little things that can ruin a holiday very quickly:

Doggy1900’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 9221
Cabin was nice. Needs more hooks to hang things on.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins