Silver Cloud Cruise Review

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

Silver Cloud Cruise Review by hoover1011

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

Totally disappointed. We sailed last year on the Shadow to Alaska and had a great experience so decided that we would do this as a yearly get-a-way. This year we decided to go to Northern Europe, I talked a friend into going by telling her of the excellent service, food and attention. She travels alone therefore paid over $8k for her room. I have never been so embarrassed. The dinners served the same food items over & over calling them all by a different name or the same ingredients prepared slightly different. The attention on the ship was rushed and hurried, no personal attention. The ship was worn and dated. Other guests on the ship that we had conversation with had the same opinion. The nightly music didn't start until 11pm and not much to entertain you until then, the shows were cheesy & cheap. I felt as though I was on one of those $1,500 cruises. I explained our disappointment to the ship's guest relations manager and they informed us that we were on their last voyage and offered $250 onboard credit. Are you kidding? We spent over $16,000, I am sick! This experience has definitely changed my mind about cruising with Silver Sea.

hoover1011's Full Rating Summary

Cabin VR 722

My cabinet butler and housekeeper were great and accommodating.

hoover1011