3. Viking Sea
New Ship - Rave Reviews plus the itinerary was the reason we chose Viking for our cruise in July 2017. I went with my sister on the Viking Homelands Cruise for 15 days Bergen-Stockholm. The best aspects of our Viking Cruise 1 Absolutely spotless in every area 2 The best Free Spa use I have ever seen on a ship and the best Spa Experience 3 Heather our Cruise Director was the best I have ever experienced. She was Articulate-Funny and very Talented The worst aspects 1 There were no Hor d'oeuvres served in the bars prior to dinner. Nuts every night or the same totally dry 3 pastry and only pastry, cracker size nibbles in the Atrium Bar. 2 Mamsens and the Atrium served the same variety of open sandwiches the whole cruise no variety whatsoever. The Pool side Bistro had the same menu the entire 15 days. 3 Chefs Table - The night we booked they had an asian theme, you do not get to choose and there was only one course we enjoyed. Each theme lasts for 3 days. Again more variety and choice needed. 4 Classical music was the only form of entertainment in the Atrium. They had a very good guitarist in the Upstairs Bar but again the music was go to sleep type. Very little other entertainment only 2 sessions of Trivia the whole cruise. Shows were very mediocre and ran for 40 minutes starting at 9.15 each night. The night club was ok but closed at 12pm. No other entertainment on board apart from enrichment lectures. 5 I absolutely hated the three tier system they had for drinks. a) Wine or Beer with meals. b) Silver package which was great as far as mixed drinks go but the wine choice is extremely limited with 1 type of Reisling, 1 Chardonnay, 1 Pinot Grigio which they ran out of on the second Day, 1 Shiraz, 1 Cab Sav and 1 Merlot, again more choice needed. c) Pay as you go. This meant if you were sitting with a group of people it was difficult to order a round of drinks. This is the first time I have come across this on a cruise and it meant the lounge areas were basically empty at night. As a summary we found the destinations amazing, the staff excellent but it was really disappointing and in fact quite boring as far as cruising goes. You just could not compare Viking to a Regent Cruise for instance. I have cruised P&O, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Orion, Ponant Yachts, Paul Gauguin, Azamara and Regent. Viking was the most boring with the least variety in food and drink. I am so glad I haven't booked them for our River Cruise next year.

Disappointing

Viking Sea Cruise Review by waite123

The best aspects of our Viking Cruise

1 Absolutely spotless in every area

2 The best Free Spa use I have ever seen on a ship and the best Spa Experience

The worst aspects

waite123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

The Cabin was spotless however too small especially for twin beds. We could barely walk between the end of the bed and desk. Lots of bruised hips.