3. Westerdam
I am a 3 star Mariner so I've done my share of HAL cruises. The changes HAL is making to update the ship are not all positive. They have removed the library and replaced it with a few books about Holland (we were sailing in the Mediterranean) and a reader's swap. I believe we were the first sailing since this change was made so there were very few books in the exchange. One reason we had sailed on HAL was the quality of the library. This change was very disappointing. Along with the removal of the library they have made a small game room,only 4 card tables and it was often closed as the Lincoln Center musicians used it as a break room. The selection of games did not even include Scrabble. Again, Hal took a big plus-the explorer's lounge or Crow's Nest and sterilized it. This combo of games and books plus coffee bar made for a homey, comfortable place to spend an afternoon. Now the Crow's Nest has all the charm of an airport waiting room. New music additions are great-both BB King and Lincoln Center Stage were fantastic. Westerdam singers and dancers were too loud. Attended one performance and skipped the others. Overall, a bit of a disappointment.

Westerdam Western Riviera 12 Day Barcelona to Rome

Westerdam Cruise Review by Janet 72

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Overall, a bit of a disappointment.
Janet 72’s Full Rating Summary