Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,269 Reviews

Cruise awesome! Service and Chops disappointing!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Ctheseas

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I cruise with RCCL as my first choice. I love the southern itinerary! I like the Adventure, but thrilled Freedom is moving to SJU! First, we always do Chops at least 2 times during our cruise, have always been a huge fan...that has changed, meal was less than impressing! Change in menus, food salty, corn in crab cake, desserts poor selections. Changed our last night at Chops back to Giovanni's. I don't mind the increase in price, but when dining room has better food, not worth it. But, saved me from making a reservation for Chops on Oasis next week! Service in my time, on formal nights, HORRIBLE. No salt pepper on tables, waited for water thru dinner, wait staff totally overwhelmed. Getting wine service, impossible. On a good note, I believe that the food has improved in the dining room.

I don't know if they changed the benefits of being Diamond, but we only received appetizers/snacks in our room 2 nights. Not that it's a big deal,but, was not able to go to the Diamond lounge, person traveling with me was not Diamond. Also, a little disappointed in Next Cruise staff, I usually take advantage of the promotion 's, but no cruise brochures, just sheets of paper , which makes it hard unless you know exactly what you want. But, sailing on Oasis in 7 days with my husband and I will be able to be more specific about possible future cruises. But, I do wish Celebrity would bring some summer options in their schedule!

Ctheseas's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 9276

OK, little worn, the TV temperament. They painted balcony during the day. Not a fan of balcony style and forgot about that when making reservation.

San Juan

Took so long to check in that we were not able to do Old San Juan

Curacao

Love this Island! Just beautiful. Been several times, we just did Mambo beach for relaxing day. Only suggestion, watch the taxi drivers, they will really try to overcharge on the fair. 20.00 per vehicle, so if 2 people, 20.00, but if 4 persons 5.00 per person! Just be firm and discuss this before leaving port!

Aruba

Beautiful island and people. Eagle beach lovely, but 40.00 for 2 chairs and umbrella. Other beaches better price for same thing..

St. Maarten

Hit the beach right in Port. Chair guys can be pushy. Reasonable prices, 25.00, 2 chair umbrella and bucket of water,beer or soda for 25.00

Ctheseas