3. Viking Astrild
We chose this cruise as it was one which we had not already done. We had a slight disappointment when we had to join the ship at Bad Schandau as the Elbe river was very low. The entire staff of the ship could not have been more attentive to us. The captain Martin Bousa was very visible all the time greeting the passengers when they arrived back after a shore excursion, appearing in the lounge at night etc. I even noticed him carrying the passengers luggage to the coach on departure. The programme Director Claudia Diederix excelled at her job. She was very efficient, could not do enough for you and had an excellent sense of humour. The Hotel and Dining Room managers Stefan and Vladimir were attentive to all the passengers and the chef came round each table most nights for the passengers comments. I would have liked to cruise for several more days instead of just 5 days

I liked almost everything about the cruise

Viking Astrild Cruise Review by Cathy73

Cathy73’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Astrild price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A 231
No complaints about our stateroom but I would like to see tea and coffee making facilities in the stateroom especially in the evening. I know that there are facilities available all the time but if you wish a cup of tea before going to bed or in the morning you have to go and fetch it before bringing it back to you stateroom.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins