Scenic Opal Cruise Review

Our First River Cruise

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by Bright Futures

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

We have done a number of sea cruises but this was our first river cruise. We wanted a 5* all inclusive cruise and that is what we got. The staff were amazing and Richard, the cruise director was the best cruise director we have ever had. The ship was relatively small compared to the ocean going vessels but adequate. The gym had a great treadmill although overall it lacked a variety of equipment (I only wanted a treadmill so I was just fine). The food was usually excellent with one or two minor exceptions. The variety of eating venues for a ship of this size was excellent. On-board and onshore entertainment was super although we lost our resident pianist half way through the cruise (due to sickness) and he was not replaced (a minus there).

Cabins were kitted out with some marvellous technology (including a great automatic guide machine) although I would have appreciated at least another 5m2 of space. The balcony with its' "up and down, electronically controlled window" was brilliant.

Overall I would definitely cruise with Scenic again but I might also look at other 5* lines.

Bright Futures's Full Rating Summary

Cabin De-luxe balcony 3**

See above

The tour of the museum was excellent made better by the enthusiasm and quality of the female Russian guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews