3. Norwegian Spirit
We chose this cruise because we were looking for a family friendly, casual, easy cruise experience. The vibe was there. The ship is older, you can over look that as it is clean and well maintained. What was missing from the cruise experience was the "extra mile". As a newbie to the cruise scene I expected that NCL would go above and beyond to meet my expectations of the cruise. They didn't. I had a good time. Food was ok. Shows were good. But for me NCL did not go above and beyond and push the stars from 3 to 4. It was good, just OK. Not great, spectacular, wonderful. I want to say those words for NCL I really do. I just can't. They didn't get it right. We only did one excursion with the ship. It was a bus trip to Valledmosa. It well worth the time and money, beautiful scenery. We used private tours in Le Spezia (Florence/Pisa). Available in the cruise terminal. Taxi driver to the sites with free time and you pay when you return to port. We used Smart Cruise Tours (Able Tours)for Naples we saw Pompei (guided tour1.5 hours), Amalfi Coast Sorrento and Positano. Our driver was full of information, history and facts. He was very interesting to listen to as we drove. Many ports we walked off the ship and we took a hop on hop site seeing bus. We took a green bus tour in Marseille. It was an open top (green coloured 30 passenger one level bus) just beyond the train and City hop on hop off. You do pay a bit more but you get what you pay for. They actually stopped the bus to allow passengers a good view and photo ops. Very good tour Norwegian has some 'Customer Service' lessons to learn and maybe they will in the future, but not for this cruise. We will try again on other ships, perhaps other cruise lines.

It was OK

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Alibp*

We will try again on other ships, perhaps other cruise lines.
Alibp*’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 11129
HC Accessible cabin, aft cabin near the aft elevators. approx 270 sq. feet. Slept 4. One queen, one bunk, one trundle bed.

Clean, neat, good cupboard space. Roll in shower stall. Good space for the four of us. We had 2 handicapped family members in the same cabin.

Some overhead noise from Raffles Restaurant can be heard in the late evening and early morning.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins