Relaxing way to see the Great Lakes. Geared toward 70+ Not for children: Pearl Mist Cruise Review by Hipinessal

Pearl Mist 5
Hipinessal
Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Relaxing way to see the Great Lakes. Geared toward 70+ Not for children

Sail Date: August 2017
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Chicago
We chose this cruise because we were traveling with 80 year old parents. We enjoy small ships, wanted to see the Great Lakes region and relax. This cruise was perfect and just what we were looking for.

Booking was easy (book early for an early bird discount)

We arrived the night before in Chicago and stayed at The Sheraton where we got a cruise discount and were picked up by cruise transport in the am. Embarkation was a breeze.

The ship holds 210 passengers so does not feel crowded at all. Cabins were roomy with a small patio to sit and relax (we were on deck 5). The food was amazing! They offered 1/2 portions which worked for me. Happy Hour was at 5:30 each day with complimentary cocktails and appetizers. Wine was also included at lunch and dinner.

The service was excellent. Any request was promptly answered with a smile

Mixed review on the ports. Muskegon was very interesting-a surprise for me! I learned a lot about the area's history. More The highlight was Mackinac Island. Charming. We had a nice long day there. Definitely do the horse drawn carriage ride!! We saw some boats go through the locks in Sault Ste Marie, but that port and Little Current were small with not much to do. We took the Killbear park tour and Island Queen boat tour around the 30,000 islands of Georgia Bay and enjoyed both.

Disembarkation was simple. They were very organized with shuttles. We took the free bus to the Toronto airport where I had arranged a shuttle to Niagara Falls where we spent a few days before flying home from Buffalo.

They have a wide variety of destinations and are building more ships. They are the sister company to American Cruise Lines so have a lot to offer. I will definitely go again. Next trip, New England Islands Less

Published 08/31/17