3. Celebrity Millennium
I am going to focus and not repeat much of what the other reviews say. We were a little put off pre-cruise about some of the reviews on the Millie's age and condition. While there are definitely signs of wear - a few rust spots here and there and other small things - we considered them small and they did not impact our enjoyment of the cruise. This was our first Celebrity cruise and we were impressed. The Blu dining room menu was great for breakfast - a bit hit and miss for dinner on one or two nights. I did not ask for an item from the main dining room menu and did not see anyone else do so - so not sure if this is an option, but it would have been nice one of the evenings. Service in Blu was always superb and the quality of the food was almost always great (my wife's steak one night was not good - but immediately replaced by our server). I just was not always able to find an entree I was thrilled with - but I ate too much on this trip anyway so one night of an entree salad was probably a good thing. Our cabin steward was very well trained and so efficient that he was nearly invisible to us as the room was always cleaned and prepared without us ever seeing him in our room. The Cosmos lounge on deck 11 was an amazing place to watch the ship move through the inside passage at sunset. We were very impressed with the Icy Straight port - not a city at all but a "manufactured" port run by the local peoples - and run very well. My wife raved for days to anyone who would listen about the salmon preparation and cooking "tour" offered there (actually, we've been home almost a week and she is still talking about it). I was glad she was able to do that because it gave me an opportunity to go kayaking in a single kayak - a rare opportunity for an experienced sea-kayaker on a cruise tour.

Much Better Than Some Scary Reviews

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mc_reeve

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class
I am going to focus and not repeat much of what the other reviews say.

mc_reeve’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 1130
We had previously purchased a larger suite cabins on another less expensive cruise line and were concerned how we would adjust to a smaller cabin but the Aqua class cabins were perfect for us. The design created an amazing amount of storage space - we had 3 large suitcases from all the pre-cruise travel we had done - unpacked all 3 and still had room to spare. We did not miss the extra floor space at all. The Aqua class bathrooms are standard sized for cruise cabins - so small and a bit of a challenge for us to get ready for dinner at the same time - but we managed. Shower and balcony floor showed some age/wear-and-tear but it was not a big deal. Not sure this cabin would be so great on a warm weather cruise as the outdoor movie theater is directly above and bar is directly below - but it worked fine for an AK cruise.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins