3. Navigator of the Seas
We live in Lisbon and wanted a cruise that had our beautiful city as a port of call. It was a very unique experience to come into Lisbon by sea as the navigators of the past several centuries. Off all the ports of call, Lisbon was by far the most beautiful to cruise into...no bias there. The itinerary was quite nice and all the excursions surpassed our expectations. I must say the the absolute best service was from your dining room waiter and assistant. Always attentive, always helpful, polite, patient, professional with a great sense of humor. We had a beautiful suite that was very spacious. Our room attendant was very friendly and kept our room tidy. Only on the first day, I wanted to make coffee and the machine was dusty and the coffee bags were open. That was a bad first impression that he quickly resolved. We requested slippers to wear around the room but we were told that they no longer provided them. It took some work on our part but someone finally arranged a pair of slippers for each of us. I think it was the suit guest Concierge, Nadja...awesome lady. Not sure why they discontinued such an inexpensive but useful amenity especially for suite guest who pay a premium. We have been RCC clients for some years now and are diamond members. There is a feeling that the quality and positive experience we have had in the past is now slipping away, little by little. It is the little things that make all the difference as Ritz Carlton says, but RCC seems to be taking away those little things making clients feel less special than in the past. The suit lounge was rather unpleasant. It was like a box with no windows, no ventilation and it smelled very strongly of dampness or mildew. I couldn't enjoy myself in that space. Other ships have nice lounges for suit guest, with sea views. This was a smelly shoe box and was highly disappointing. We had the same situation with Explorer of the Seas last year. To be honest, I have to say that the total experience was excellent and we are privileged just to be able to be on such a vacation. This review is to point out some things that could potentially make RCC lose customers who have been Loyal to Royal. We decided to experience Johnny Rockets on day two for some milkshakes and join the rest of our team. The waiter delivered the milkshake, placed it on the table. He came with the bill to sign and I gently slid the glass and it scraped on the rough surface of the table and knocked over. I didn't even have a sip yet. The waiter cleaned up the mess but never gave me a new milkshake even after seeing exactly what happened. To make things worse, we had a 2 for 1 offer, so it would not have been a big deal to replace it. I was a bit shocked that I actually had to request a new milkshake. That was strike 2 in two days of how the customer care has declined and started making me question if RCC cares anymore about clients or just cares about shareholders. We purchased a dinner package and most of the meals were truly excellent. The only exception was Giovanni's. They pre-selected appetizers for our group which were not necessarily the one's we wanted. I chose a stuffed veal plate and it was totally overcooked and flavorless. My staff complained that for an Italian restaurant, the pasta was of very poor quality. It is a shame to be paying extra for a table of 12 to have them disappointed with the meal. We were all stuffed, but only half of the group actually enjoyed their meals. That was a shame and strike 3 in as many days. Izumi was great, Chops grill was great, Chefs Table delicious (only problem I had was that we did not have a special Chef's table room that other ships have and the Chef never came out to explain each dish as other Chef's have done) The food was great but the full experience a let down compared to all the other Chef's table we have so enjoyed. They converted Sabors Mexican into an Indian restaurant. The starters needed some work, could have a better selection of Nan breads. My lamb unfortunately was over cooked and not very tasty. The sauce was tasteless. My wife had a Korma that was delicious so I helped her finish that and only ate 1/3 of my dish. It wasn't worth eating. Strike 4. The Diamond lounge was very nice, if you could find a seat during peak hours. The Concierge was very nice. The coffee machine appeared to be broken nearly every time I wanted coffee. The trick was to go during off peak hours, early morning etc. They offered continental breakfast every morning which was plenty for me. Sad to see 80% of it thrown away every morning into a bin. There were a lot of children on this cruise. They were very excited which is normal but they plaid on the elevators, pushed all the buttons frequently, left food on the lifts all the time. We would find ice cream, pizza, cookies etc. on the floor of the lifts every day. Rather disgusting. I felt bad for the cleaning crew. The pool area was extremely crowded and people would reserve the chairs with towels and never actually be there for hours. Kids were bringing juice drinks into the Jacuzzi's and not making space for others who wanted to enter. The entertainment was nice most nights. We enjoyed a very funny comedian and some excellent shows. Would I do this again? Probably not, especially if the ship is full of children. The ship was pretty amazing though it is feeling outdated and a bit old.

Olé!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by ahatch

The itinerary was quite nice and all the excursions surpassed our expectations.

ahatch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin GS 1568
We had a beautiful suite that was very spacious. Our room attendant (Keith) was very friendly and kept our room tidy. Only on the first day, I wanted to make coffee and the machine was dusty and the coffee bags were open. That was a bad first impression that he quickly resolved. We requested slippers to wear around the room but we were told that they no longer provided them. It took some work on our part but someone finally arranged a pair of slippers for each of us. I think it was the suit guest Concierge, Nadja...awesome lady. Not sure why they discontinued such an inexpensive but useful amenity especially for suite guest who pay a premium.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins