3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose this cruise mainly for the destination. Admittedly I am a novice to the cruising world although have experience on one other cruise with Royal Caribbean. This previous experience was aboard Liberty of the Seas this past January, 2017. As I stated in my most recent review directly to Royal Caribbean I would have rated that (Liberty) experience a 10/10, and, this experience on the Grandeur as a 6/10. If I had to choose one word to describe the entirety of this most recent (Grandeur) trip it would be "average." First, some details regarding my travel group. I traveled with a group of 10. All friends and some family intermixed. We ranged in age from 24 to 62, and, come from a variety of backgrounds including law enforcement and medical personnel. Our group travels together frequently and we are always attracted to the idea of cruising because everyone can generally do whatever they please, and, there is no issue if each person wants to go their separate directions for different activities. Anyway, cutting to the chase; the good: -Service was exceptional from stateroom attendant to main dining room staff -I found the staterooms to be in excellent condition and repair considering the age of the ship -The food was great -Rather seamless on-boarding and off-boarding in Baltimore -Airport transfers were also seamless -Bermuda was gorgeous and we recommend a trip to Horseshoe Bay Beach -Minibus and taxi/ferry fares in Bermuda are reasonable ($5- $7) The bad: -Bar services ran out of several items by the end of the week, including, bottled water, Corona, limes, mint leaves, and other drink essentials. This was a large disappointment as the entirety of our group had purchased the unlimited drink package. -The general repair of the exterior portions of the ship were "tired" and in some cases not in the best of repair. This was a disappointment after cruising on the Liberty this past January. -One member from our group requested more shampoo for her room and was subsequently sent to one of the service counters to get it herself. This was disappointing that the room steward failed to handle this matter for her. Overall, an average experience based on the above review. If I cruise again with Royal Caribbean I am confident that I would not sail on a ship smaller than the Liberty of the Seas- despite the destination. I would recommend you consider the same.

Average Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by ericthomas7

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda

Anyway, cutting to the chase; the good:

-Service was exceptional from stateroom attendant to main dining room staff

-The food was great

-Rather seamless on-boarding and off-boarding in Baltimore

-Airport transfers were also seamless

-Bermuda was gorgeous and we recommend a trip to Horseshoe Bay Beach

-Minibus and taxi/ferry fares in Bermuda are reasonable ($5- $7)

The bad:

ericthomas7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin was in excellent repair and the ocean view or balcony is essential when cruising. Spend the extra money to not have an interior room.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans