3. Viking Heimdal
We love history, we love Roman history, and we love wine. We had never been to France before, and this trip gave us everything. Viking organization is impeccable; the shore tours are extremely well conducted. The tour guides are always first class. There is never any ambiguity about where and when events are going on. I am impressed with how the crew gets everyone to participate, and enjoy themselves. We love the food on board. We really appreciate the local cuisine offerings. We also appreciate the portion sizes - just right. There's never any problem enjoying all the courses and the dessert. The house wines are always good. I know the staff must be working very hard to keep things running smoothly and on time, but they always have a smile and are polite and friendly. They get to know you, even in a trip as short as one week. I have encouraged my friends and acquaintances to consider a Viking trip, even if they think it's only for the well-off, as there are frequent special offers.

Roman historical southern France

Ages 16+
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E
Very efficient and well-maintained. The space is well organized, with room for everything. The bathroom is pleasant and comfortable, and does not feel cramped.
I am not sure about our cabin category, but it was pretty basic, on the lower level. Even so, we had a big window and could see the shoreline. After all, we spent most of our waking hours elsewhere on the ship, or on excursions!
Main Deck Outside Cabins