• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin:

I travel with a small group of people. We choose this trip because we hadn't been to many of the destinations before. Although I had taken 3 Viking River Cruises before, this was my first ocean cruise with them. The Sky was luxurious. There were so many places on the ship that you could go to relax. My favortie ended up being on the sun deck especially when we would leave each afternoon. We visited Greece (Athens, Santorini, Katakolon,Corfu), Dubrovnik, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, and Venice. Each destination was beautiful and welcoming, especially the Greek isle of Santorini. The excursions were perfect for each country so you could get a feel for the people and the landscape. There were many extra excursions you could sign up for each day which were more specialized. Our guides were very interesting and provided a running diatribe as we viewed the various sights. One even included the local favorite alcoholic drink.

My cabin included a balcony (all do) and we were able to open all three balconies while in port so we could sit and view the gorgeous scenery while sipping wine.

The food on board was delicious in the main dining room, but you also had specialty restaurants, a tea room, various lounges and bars.

Cabin Deluxe Veranda

The cabin was lovely. The bed was so comfortable and the linens were sooo soft. I had a balcony also which I used every day. You don't really spend too much time in your cabin since you are always out either on an excursion or around the ship. The bathroom is great and a Viking specialty. I had a coffee maker in the room also. Late at night I would cuddle up in my bed and watch the first-run movies Viking offered.

7 Helpful Votes