This was a great experience. Service was great, food was great, ship is beautiful and the ports were wonderful. Some of the most beautiful spots in the world. One word of caution. The full day expeditions were very long, 8 hours, and way too much time on a bus. Three stops and over 3 hours on the bus. No freedom to do anything other than follow the tour and get back on the bus. My experience was that the 2 private tours I took were much more tailored to our personal needs. They are more expensive but if you get another couple the private tours wind up actually costing less than the ship expeditions. Also, the concierge desks were not helpful at all. One desk would give me one piece of information and then another desk upstairs told me something totally different. In addition, our ship had to skip Portofino and dock in Genoa due to weather. I had to change my expedition from a boat tour of the Riviera to a bus tour, again, of a fishing town. I feel the ship should have offered to return my money as the trips were not at all equal. All in all I feel that the expedition desk was not helpful and they were not flexible in helping us with our tours. All of the other service on the ship was exceptional, but I would have expected a higher level of helpfulness from the concierge and destination desk. I would definitely recommend this trip.

Great ship experience.

Bigt3232@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Riviera price drops

Concierge Level
Cabin A2 9064
Cabins are best I have seen on a ship. Large, clean, large bathroom and great balcony. Excellent
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cinque Terre
    This was a great tour. A once in a lifetime experience. Lots of standing and walking but worth the wait. I highly recommend this tour.
    View All 91 Cinque Terre Reviews
  • Camogli Walking Tour
    The weather was bad to we had to skip Portofino. I had signed up for a boat cruise of the Riviera and got another bus tour. I wish I had gotten a refund as I would have preferred to stay on the ship. I don't feel they handled the Genoa stop very well. Not alot of information or choices, just substituted my trip. Genoa was very disappointing.
    View All 2 Camogli Walking Tour Reviews
  • Positano (Amalfi)
    This was an amazing private tour. Positano and Sorrento and a great lunch in Sorrento and then on to a private tour in Pompeii. Spectacular day. The best.
    View All 13,176 Positano (Amalfi) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Positano (Amalfi) Cruise Port Review
  • Catacombs
    Catacombs were great but only 30 minutes there. The rest of the 8 hour day was spent on bus going to lunch and then again on bus to Pope's summer home. Interesting but definitely way too much time on the bus and too little at Catacombs.
    View All 11 Catacombs Reviews
  • Santorini
    This was a great private tour for 6 hours. Although it was expensive, we went all over the island, had a great lunch and a full day. If you only have one day to spend in Santorini I recommend a private tour and you can see everything. Fantastic
    View All 13,176 Santorini Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Santorini Cruise Port Review
  • Mount Etna
    Mt. Etna was great. Wonderful tour and enjoyed it very much. After that we went to a winery for lunch. I would have skipped that and just preferred to spend time in the town which I heard was great but we never saw it because of time on the bus.
    View All 83 Mount Etna Reviews