3. Viking Var
What my husband and I loved the most was the atmosphere. It was sophisticated but at the same time, comfortable and welcoming. No kids onboard! Don't get me wrong, we love kids, we just don't want to travel with them! Actually, I don't see kids being a good fit for this type of cruise. This is an adult cruise where people can enjoy simple things in life like, the scenery, the views, good food, good wine, good conversations. Food was elaborated and delicious, well sized portions too. At night, after dinner, we gathered at the bar to listen to nice piano music and to dance. The crew was very polite and friendly, always caring for each person on board. Tours were well planned and well paced. Proper equipment was provided when visiting the different touristic sites. We were given enough time to visit all markets on our own. This was our first Viking river cruise and for sure, it was the first of many more to come.

Our 30th Anniversary Celebration Visiting the German Christmas Markets

anamaier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Var price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C
Very clean and well kept. Well replenished every day.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins