3. Carnival Conquest
My daughter and I took this cruise as it fit the required dates and was not a small ship. I purchased Faster to the Fun and that was awesome. Our embarkation was seamless. We hopped off the plane at 9 am, got luggage and went to check at the carnival stand for the shuttle. Got on the shuttle within about 10 minutes, it was air conditioned, yay... and we were at the docks by 10:50 am. With FTTF my 9 year old and I just rolled on up past all the lines, checked in, gave our citizenship info and id's... went right over and up onto the ship. We had a Guy's Burger in hand by 11:30 am. The cabin was not ready until 1, but our luggage was there already. Mark, our Stewart, was awesome but I don't expect any less based on past experiences. The cabin was typical, first time I've been in one after requesting two single beds. Balcony was great for two, we didn't need all the closet space so we stowed our suitcases etc... in the one closest to the entry door. My ONLY complaint about the cabin is that it was not cool at night. I have a thyroid disease, I get very hot in the evening and 74 degrees is very uncomfortable and triggers hot flashes. I don't really care during the day, I will get in a pool or take a cold shower, but at night, it was a struggle. The room was clean, I don't know why they insist on carpeting instead of laminate, but ok. The dining room service was wonderful. The food was just okay. Nothing outrageous or bad, just nothing really great either. We ate at the steak house one evening, again, wonderful service but the food there wasn't all that great either. I did LOVE the lobster bisque, that was great, but the steaks were just ok. It was disappointing, also because our "view" was of the staircase so we could watch up people's already scantily clad attire all evening. The place was empty, there was no reason we couldn't have been seated somewhere nicer. Literally two other tables and we stared at butt cheeks. The shows that were appropriate for under 18 were great, very well done and we enjoyed them. My daughter was not happy with the kids club, she stated it was not fun at all and some kids were ill behaved so she didn't go for more than the one hour. Sigh. Half Moon Cay was amazing. We were on the ship so quickly we were able to put our name on the wait list for a cabana. MUCH to our surprise we got one. It was the highlight of our trip in both our opinions. Nice misting fan, a/c, shade and sun, VERY private, the fruit and veggies were much appreciated and the cooler of drinks. Nassau is Nassau. We booked a day at Atlantis through Resort For a Day. That place is really spectacular. The service there sucks terribly. They hate everyone at the resort. It's the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The only person that was remotely nice to us (and it's not like we had a lot of interaction) was one of the janitors who kindly directed me to a restaurant that took cash. He even smiled, which was quite a different thing there. Getting around that place is exhausting. You find a spot for your things, I have a portable beach safe that secures around a chair etc... head to the slides, you don't come out anywhere near where you went in. We were both exhausted by 2 pm so we headed back to the ship. No point in suffering further abuse... the place is spectacular, not everything is open all the time of course, but I would go back there to snorkel absolutely. Their giant rays are amazing to see. I don't know that I would go on this ship with my kids again. My boys didn't come with us, there isn't a whole lot to do for the kids if they don't like the kids clubs. I'll stick to the Vista or Breeze for the kids. Overall we had a great time. I just wish there were less drunk half naked people past a certain hour. It was entertaining people watching, but crass. My daughter and I were either watching a show or in the cabin past 8 pm.

Conquering Half Moon Cay and Atlantis

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6272
Cabin was great, it was clean and our stewart was excellent. We aren't high maintenance at all, but Mark definitely made us feel special every time we saw him.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins