3. Viking Bragi
I injured my knee a month before the cruise and was still in pain. There are walking groups for the slower walkers. This was not always so easy, one man kept getting lost, another couple was always late, it was not hard to get to certain areas walking but once inside the castles or ruins the paths were very uneven and painful for me. I loved the dining. I felt like we were so important and everyone tried to serve us the best possible meals in the best possible way. I can not say one thing negative about our meals or the servers. We loved meeting new people every day so ate at different tables frequently. We met so many nice people. I loved sitting up on the terrace as we sailed but if we couldn't my room was comfortable to just sit on our bed and watch the countryside as we sailed by. The room was small but very comfortable and we had plenty of room in the bath. I loved the heated floors! The tours were varied and appropriate for the areas, I had plenty of time to sight see and shop. I do not feel like I missed anything until Buda Pest. We had en extra day in Vienna and we put it to good use but I still am so sad that our trip was interrupted in Vienna due to a lock issue and then and EU Conference where they shut down the river. We were bussed in to Buda Pest, straight to the airport. I still get so sad thinking that we did not get to sail in to that beautiful city, especially when I read in one of the suggested readings that that is the only way to enter Buda Pest. I felt our compensation was very poor also. The money I spent on this trip was saved for a long time, I am not sure I will ever be able to take another Viking Cruise and even if I could the discount offered was so very little. My perfect trip was not so perfect due to knee pain and then not to get to see the city I thought was the crown jewel and it still over shadows how wonderful the rest of the trip was.

Wonderful, but disappointing in an unforeseen way.

Viking Bragi Cruise Review by NDGrandma

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

NDGrandma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Bragi price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 206
Neat and compact. It was a very comfortable room with everything we needed.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins