3. Disney Magic
My wife and I are frequent Holland America cruisers and have sailed Princess during out honeymoon in Bora Bora. By all means, we are seasoned travelers. Disney cruise was never something I would have picked however having a 2 year old daughter, we had to try it out. We received a $200 on-board credit. What surprised me the most was the staff and service that they provided. It was beyond exceptional. All the staff on the ship were wonderful except for a handful of experience however it didn't deter me from providing a 5 star rating for their services. Our server Roston and Ronald who took care of our cabin was really great. On the first night of our journey, my daughter fell asleep in the middle of dinner service. I then picked her up and carried her so she can sleep on my shoulder. I was surprised when Roston who brought my entree which was the prime rib, went ahead and started to cut my steak into bite sized piece so I can easily just fork it. He was aware of everyone's situation and provided a customized service. Truly wonderful. Ronald always provided a smile, ensured that our cabin was always clean and provided assistance immediately when we need him. Entertainment was a major advantage over the other cruise lines, the Broadway-style productions ensured that both Adults and kids are entertained and will enjoy the show. Watching them nightly was truly a highlight and a nice way to end the day from a tiring day from excursions. Food, I have to be honest, I expected more from the food that was being served. It's not the server's fault for the type of food that are being served on the ship, it lacked creativity, taste, and flavor. It was the worst offering of food I've ever had on a cruise ship. Out of the 7 days, only 2 nights were good, the rest was "meh". I was more excited getting out of the ship so I can have "real" food. The breakfast offering at buffet section was pretty much always the same except for the scrambled eggs that changed its toppings. The scrambled egg tasted that it came from a box which most likely it was. They only had 1 area if you wanted fresh eggs to be done which means queue will always be long. Orange juice is by minute maid, not freshly squeezed like Holland America's offering. The coffee is a concentrated version which is mixed with hot water prior to dispensing, so it taste "off". A 3-in-1 instant mix taste better. Dinner offerings did not fair any better, any shrimp or prawn on the menu means it's from a thawed shrimp cocktail. ie (marinated shrimp = cocktail shrimp with whatever sauce they had). The highlights of the meals were the beef wellington served on the last sea day, the swordfish for lunch at the buffet on embarkation, baked lobster on formal night, and the mickey ears ice cream. You'll actually lose weight if you're a foodie. The pool deck offerings of burgers, pizzas, and shawarma was pretty bad. The burger patties was always dry and tough, the buns were stale, the chicken fingers were dry, fries were a hit and a miss at times, pizza with its pre-formed/cooked dough was horrible. With that, I will still sail Disney in the future because it bring so much joy for my daughter. It was worth the price of admission and I already booked our next trip next year.

First time Disney cruise customer

Disney Magic Cruise Review by JMan604

JMan604’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11A 7539
The room was very close to mid-ship elevator which was a nice treat however it is very busy especially pre/post shows. The motion was very minimal due to its location and being on the 7th deck, walking up to the 9th deck was a breeze and walking down for dinner was also an easy feat.

Lights from the hall may bother you as it will shine through the door's sides and bottom gaps when it's time to sleep at night.

Sound wise, it is quiet & no issues for us.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins