3. Celebrity Silhouette
My husband and I (50 ish)chose this cruise based on being Celebrity loyals and itinerary. What a fantastic Trip! We arrived in our departure city (Amsterdam) 3 days early to explore. Have to say it was our favourite port. So much charm, fun and many interesting things to do. We chose a city hotel which was close to the central station and hence the cruise port. It was about a 15 minute walk in total. Embarkation was smooth and we were on the ship by 12:30. Being lunch time we headed up to Oceanview cafe. It was busy, but not crazy as some people complain. The ship it self is magnificant. As we have sailed on the reflection we knew what to expect and it is very similar. We chose select dining so we could eat on our own schedule. Dining was quick and service was great. Our sommlier Maco did an amazing job. Always knew what we wanted. That said all the staff were professional, dedicated and friendly. We dined at Quisine twice because it was so incredible. Once night we had a fantastic waitress with dyed white hair. What a hoot! She was so on the ball. I apologize I can't remember her name. The next time we had another waiter who was good but nothing like the dining experience with her. Entertainment: I have to admit we did not stay for any of the shows. After being to vegas numerous times and seeing the cirq shows it just does not compare. I am sure for others they were good. I did notice they had great variety in entertainers. I found the house bands to be alright. I understand the age range celebrity is trying to appeal to but it would be nice to have a band that does classic rock. Something upbeat to get people moving. the duets were good just very mellow. We spent a lot of nights in the casino. Loved the ports and shore excursions: We booked the 1.5 day tour through the ship for St. Petersburg and the day trip by train to Berlin. Usually, we find our own excursions but because of immigration in St. Petersburg and the distance to Berlin we decided to pay the cruise rates. I have to say were were not disappointed and considering all we saw, ate and ease of excursions, I have to recommend them. Helsinki: We did the cruise shuttle into town and explored the city on our own. Stockholm: We did the hop on hop off bus. This was a bit of a disappointment as we only got to really see the Vasa Museum. I was hoping to get to old town but in order to make it back to the ship we did not feel we had time. Estonia: Beautiful little town with lots of shops and cafes. I purchased a cat clock that was hand made in one of the ceramic shops. Nice keepsake. We walked from the port to the town. No problem! I had Rick Steves cruise port book to get me on track with the main things to see. Copenhagen: Took the cruise shuttle to near Nyhaven and walked along the water to the little mermaid. This is the only part of the trip I would have changed. You can easily walk to Nyhaven from the ship. We ended up getting to the little mermaid and seeing the ship within 10 minutes from it. No point going all the way back to our bus pick up so we just walked back to the ship. So my advice is to buy a one way ticket to town and walk the water back to the ship. Service was outstanding. Everyone of the crew always had a smile and greeting. The captain was nice and informative. We have had him another time on the summit I think. I would definitely recommend this cruise and ship. So many places to go in the world I don't think we would do this itinerary again but would love to go on the silhouette again. Email if you have any questions.

Wonderful Baltic Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by sunfish8

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

the duets were good just very mellow. We spent a lot of nights in the casino.

Helsinki: We did the cruise shuttle into town and explored the city on our own.

sunfish8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6305
Roomy cabin, clean and lots of space. Our steward Satish did a wonderful job keeping us organized. No problem with the obstructed view. It was just the overhang from Blu.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amsterdam
    Amsterdam was fantastic!! As my grandmother and mom are dutch I understand and speak quite well. I have not been since I was 9 and 18. I am now 50, Glad to come back as an adult.
    We stayed at the city hotel very close to the central station and cruise port. Breakfast was included. The cost for 3 nights was $700 Canadian. Loved the location. When we arrived we headed to a brewery in a windmill "Browerj de Pip". Fun walk about 30 min from the hotel. On the way I had to stop for a fresh herring with onion and pickle.
    Cute craft brewery with very inexpensive beers. We headed back to the hotel and headed for the red light district to experience the coffee shops. So laid back and easy it was hard not to experience. We wanted to go to Thai bird snackbar for dinner but it was soooooo busy. We ended up at Cafe Pollux a little bar down the street from our hotel.
    Day 2 we hit a few markets, new market, waterloo plein, lots of shops on the way to Ryksmuseum. Well being the seasoned traveler such as myself I made a bonehead move and bought tickets to the Rembrant house instead of the museum. So we get there only to be turned away. On to albert Cuyp market. We ate kibblings (little pieces of fried fish) and chips at Vishandel. Excellent. They have seating outside. Walked the market and headed back to the hotel for a change. That night back to red light district for bars and coffee shops.
    Day 3. We started our day at the Rembrant house. It was ok. Kind neat to see where he lived and his studios but only were in about 45 min. Then we made our way to the Singel to visit the Poez boat (cat boat). This is a shelter on the canal. Nice to see as I visited when I was younger. However, not really a lot of cats. This coming from a lady who has 6. No judgement people. I love my cats. Then we went to a great restaurant called Piqnic in the hipster region. Great restaurant on Lindengraght. We had tickets for a canal cruise with Dam boat guys for 7 so we did not want to stray far from the area.
    Headed to Prinsengraght and hit a coffee shop and of course some canal bars. So relaxing to sit on a house boat on the water. The weather was spotty rain all day. Would you not know it started pouring for the canal tour. We had already paid $75 so decided to go through with it. They provided poncos but it really did suck. Wish we would have just went back to the hotel. Also have to say I don't recommend the Dam boat guys. We picked them because of reviews from Trip advisor. They have great marketing. But...they advertise a party boart atmospher, you know, bring your own drinks and smoke. Honestly, there were not party people on the boat. I would have been hard pressed to even have a cigarette. Anyway, you win some, you lose some.
    View All 780 Amsterdam Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amsterdam Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    We chose the excursion that hit the main points in Berlin by train and even provided a 1/2 hour canal cruise. We visited check point charlie, the wall, the Brandenburg gate, drove by the memorial to the murdered Jews from Europe, and got to view many of the main attractions with photo ops from the bus. A wonderful lunch was provided of potatoes, sausage,meatball and sauerkraut, salad, coffee, beer and wonderful apple cake with whipcream for desert. On the train we were offered water and coffee on the way down. On the way back a snack box with cheese and crackers, peach and 1/2 a sandwich with water. So all in all it was worth it to us.
    View All 123 City Tour Reviews
  • Copenhagen
    Very nice town. Took the ships shuttle and purchased a return ticket. Would recommend you buy one way to town and then walk along the water back to the ship.
    View All 1,094 Copenhagen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Copenhagen Cruise Port Review
  • Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
    Part of excursion. Very beautiful church. Nice to see. There are artists in the church that pick random people to sketch their profiles for minimum money. My husband had his portrait done. We purchased it after not wanting it. Pressure sales.
    View All 185 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Reviews
  • Hermitage Museum
    Part of excursion...Wow what a place would have liked a few days to really take it in.
    Very rushed and only got to see some exhibits. Too many to view in such a short time. However, glad I got to see it.
    View All 334 Hermitage Museum Reviews
  • Peter & Paul Fortress
    Long 2 days but well worth being a bit tired. Booked through Celebrity because I was a little nervous about customs and visas. It was a 1.5 day tour. That was enough. Some people booked the 2 day. I could not imagine. So we got to see the main sites
    Peter and Paul fortress, Hermitage museum, St. Isaac's and Church of spilled blood on the first day. The second day we visited the gardens of Peterhof. We were lucky it called for rain but it held off until we were almost through. Lunch was provided in a great restaurant called Biblotique on the main shopping street. It consisted of borst, salad, stroganoff, apple cake and coffee. Be very careful in Russia. One of our fellow bus mates had their wallet stolen right outside of the restaurant while waiting for the bus. Luckily he was really high tech and able to cancel his cards and only had minimal money in his wallet.
    View All 106 Peter & Paul Fortress Reviews
  • St. Isaac's Cathedral
    Another beautiful church. Amazing architecture.
    View All 103 St. Isaac's Cathedral Reviews
  • Stockholm
    Did the hop on hop off bus. We travelled to the Vasa museum which was very interesting.
    However, It did not leave time to visit old town. We took the bus back to the ship and enjoyed a peace for a few hours.
    View All 824 Stockholm Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Stockholm Cruise Port Review
  • Tallinn
    Loved this little quaint city. Lots of opportunity for shopping, drinking in cafes and people watching. Used Rick Steves guide to North american cruise ports to see the sites. Walked from the ship with no problems. Follow the people.
    View All 1,006 Tallinn Cruise Port Reviews