3. MSC Meraviglia
I travelled with my husband and two sons aged 8 and 16. In short, we all loved it! There was literally something for everyone. Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth and painless at the beginning, end and during ports of call. There were no lengthy queues. The ship is spectacular. It is beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean in all areas. There are several pools, hot tubs and sunbathing areas. We never failed to get a sunbed and we don't subscribe to the 'laying your towels out early' school of thought. Even on the day at sea, which was busier than normal, there were no problems with capacity. The cabin was an interior with a double bed and two over bed bunks. It was lovely, plenty of storage and well appointed. The only small criticism I could make that it was a bit dark. However, the bathroom was lovely and bright for shaving, make up etc. The food was excellent. In the formal dining rooms (you don't have to dress up or even wear long trousers if you don't want to) the food is quite special and my husband and I enjoyed trying new things. My 16 year old son preferred the buffet restaurant with his friends. It is also excellent. We really enjoyed lunch there every day and breakfast was great too. There is also an abundance of food available from pool bars etc almost all day so we never went hungry. We pre purchased the basic drinks package and it was fantastic value. Almost all drinks are included (inc cocktails, ice cream, milkshakes) and we definitely got our money's worth. The children's wrist bands are a good touch - he could use it to sign in and out of the kids' club and buy drinks and ice cream. The kids' club was fabulous - he was keen to go a lot! It is open from 9am-11pm and you don't need to book. If they are there over meal times, they are taken to the restaurant and you can actually leave the ship on a long excursion and leave them there! The shows were generally very good. We really enjoyed Cirque du Soleil which is a small extra charge and the show Paz was also a favourite. My 16 year old son spent his days with friends he met at the teen club and playing football or in the pools or waterpark. We didn't see him for a week! The waterpark and slides are great fun with the only downside being the fact that the water is salt water. My younger son didn't quite get to grips with closing his mouth and swallowed quite a bit! It also stings your eyes so goggles are an idea if sensitive. The high ropes adventure is free and was very good, although there were queues sometimes. The service was, without exception, fantastic. I would not have dreamed of removing the gratuities from the bill as the staff seemed to genuinely care about the guests and were friendly and attentive. We got off at Naples and did the child friendly tour of Pompeii which was cheaper and shorter than the regular one and I would recommend it. We also particularly enjoyed Malta where we did a horse and carriage ride. The evening entertainment was wonderful with live music and dancing everywhere you went. Staff were very good at getting people involved. The white party is not to be missed. Parties on the promenade (the dome ceiling is awesome) are also a must! We all loved it and would most certainly go again. I have no complaints about the ship, service or MSC and cannot understand some of the previous comments. If you have booked this cruise then, lucky you! Enjoy!

Absolutely loved it!