Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review
1,714 Reviews

Beautiful Ship...EXCEPTIONAL service...Blu is what Aqua Class is all about!!!

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Cruisin25thanniversary

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

We chose Celebrity because of the reviews...while the Millennium IS a little bit of an older ship, it is very well maintained and clean. And the itinerary for this cruise was wonderful! The service was outstanding! We adored every one of our servers! They all work so hard and always with smiles on their faces! Our cabin steward was excellent!! We were not impressed with the buffet but we didn't expect to be, after all its a buffet! LOL...we only ate there a few times...The main dining room was beautiful, but again, we only ate there a few times - we ate in Blu every chance we had - it was so much more intimate and very beautiful - and the food was AMAZING!!!! Our servers, Alit and Novi were absolutely wonderful! I would definitely request them if we ever have the pleasure of sailing on the Millennium again! And the bar server, Rosty, was very prompt at having our Latte's at our table and my husband's double Jameson within minutes of being seated! And the Sommelier, Melvin, was superb at selecting the perfect wine to accompany my dinner! The Maitre'D, Sorin, and the hostess, Jackline, always greeted us as if they had been expecting us and saving our table for just that moment...and we never ate at the same time twice! Don't think we could go back without doing Aqua Class simply for Blu, although we did very much enjoy the Persian Gardens! However, I will say that I was a tad disappointed upon discovering that the Millie's Persian Gardens did NOT have a window overlooking the ocean or the individual heated seats as I was told by the Celebrity sales person I spoke with on the phone - I'm glad I discovered this months before our cruise or I would have been more than just a tad disappointed! It was still wonderful after a long day of Alaskan excursions to go and relax in the Turkish Bath with my husband! We really enjoyed going to Cosmos every evening! Our bar servers, Jurriele and Sre, were awesome! They always greeted us a with smile or high five and learned what our drink preferences were by the first evening! We enjoyed the service and entertainment at the Martini Bar - I can't remember our server's name, but he was from Romania and very interesting to visit with as well as being very handsome! Brigita was our favorite server at Café Albacio for coffee as well as a great bar server in the theater. We enjoyed all of the shows! It was a wonderful 25th Anniversary celebration! Alaska did not disappoint nor did the Millennium!!

Cruisin25thanniversary's Full Rating Summary

Aqua Class
Cabin A2 9040

Cabin 9040...the infamous window washing equipment! I was soooooo anxious about this as I couldn't find any pics at all...well let me just say, it was NO big deal at all!! We still had amazing views and it didn't put a damper on our cruise at all!! I loved the extended overhang of deck 9 - it was very rainy and drizzly most of the time and that overhang allowed us to bundle up and still enjoy sitting out on the balcony without getting wet!

This was actually included in our Pre-cruise tour just prior to boarding the ship - it was neat - more suited for kiddos - we left early and went to grab a burger at a local "hole in the wall".

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Fishing

Excellent! Our captain even stopped for whale watching on the way to our fishing spot! We saw 3!!! We also saw hundreds of sea lions which was awesome! My husband and I both caught our halibut - one is the limit as well as some salmon! We had it processed and shipped home! What a souvenier!!

Helicopter Tour

We were sooooo looking forward to this one! We arrived and they outfitted us in spiked boots and we watched the saftey video - we were all lined up ready to board the helicopter when they got a phone call and our flight was cancelled due to weather - we were really bummed but appreciated their safety standards - we got a total refund which actually freed up our budget to allow us a seaplane flight to see bears in Ketchikan! It's all good!

View All 138 Helicopter Tour Reviews
Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

WOWSERS!!!! This one was fun but a LOT of work!! The catamaran ride was fun and the scenery was gorgeous but the water was very rough on the way out! The turkey sandwich for lunch was delish! The guides were awesome and a lot of fun! The rubber boots were rubber boots! LOL! Not comfy and no cushion or support - keep this in mind if you have bad feet or knees! The treck through the rain forrest is more than was advertised - very uneven terrain but GORGEOUS!!! The canoe ride was fun and seeing Davidson Glacier was breathtaking!!! Once we beached there was another treck on very rocky uneven ground - just something to keep in mind if mobility is an issue! Getting close enough to touch the glacier was incredible and we had a blast even though our feet were a bit sore that evening! BUT hey, thats what he spa and hot tub are for right?? We did take a bit of advice from reviews I had read before we went and we took a pint of whiskey as part of the guides tip...they LOVED it!!! Interesting note - the ride back was much smoother - we sat by a lady who had just done the exact treck we had after having two knee and two hip replacements!!! Very impressive indeed!!

View All 45 Glacier Point Wilderness Safari Reviews
Icy Strait

Just enjoyed walking aroung! Great place to purchase souveniers! We also had them shipped home right from the shops! "If it fits it ships" I think it was around $18 and well worth it! We also had fresh dungeness crab! YUM!

Misty Fjords Flightseeing

Seawind Aviation - This one was booked after our helocpte glacier tour got canceled. I’m so glad we did it! The flight was stunning and smooth! The scenery was just spectacular, especially when we landed! The treck through the rain forrest to the viewing platform was very smooth and absolutely gorgeous! We saw 5 black bears and a cub! They fished and ate - the mama fed her baby - we saw two of them get into a brief skirmish over their fishing spot!! It was one of our favorite excursions!

View All 166 Misty Fjords Flightseeing Reviews