3. Viking Emerald
We wanted to visit Japan and we love Viking River cruises. This was our third one. My husband found this cruise and liked the idea of China and more importantly, the addition of Tibet, along with an extension in Tokyo. There were 4 inter-city flights and the 7 night cruise on the Viking Emerald. We stayed at hotels in Beijing, Xi-an, Tibet and Shanghai. It was one of the most exhausting and exhilarating trips we've ever taken and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The hotels were all five star and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, our last stop was fabulous. Xi-an's Shangra-La Hotel was a close second. But the Viking Emerald was a ship I'd take again without a second thought. The staff, the accommodations, the food on the ship, and the jewel-like shops especially were as nothing I've ever seen on any ship. We could have shopped only on the ship and had the most exquisite and high quality items that China could offer. Even the lovely souvenir shop was filled with stunning high quality pieces at very fair prices. The excursions were beyond our expectations and our guide Eric made the trip even more memorable. We could go and on in detail but I would give this cruise 10 stars, the best one yet.

VIKING EMERALD-THE SHIP OF MY DREAMS

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by AAnnie

AAnnie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Emerald price drops

Large (by riverboat standards) lovely bathroom. Just great!