3. Norwegian Epic
Hi - this was my first ever cruise and I did not know what to expect - if the chaotic boarding at Barcelona was anything to go by I was concerned. However the cruise was absolutely excellent yes it was busy / full however the H2O area at the back of the ship was mostly child free, the food and the service was excellent along with the entertainment - the solo team especially enjoyed the Howl at the Moon Piano bar. Contrary to the previous review I never realized that there was up and down elevators - we tended to use the stairs for a bit of exercise and when we did use the elevators never seemed to have a problem with people going up one floor in order to come back down! During the port days the vessel became very empty and you could eat anywhere, likewise in the evening with a group of 13 people we has no problems in finding a restaurant to accommodate us. My only comment was that the music in the H20 and Bliss was nearly all Spanish. I booked the use of the thermal suite which allowed me to get away from the main ship and relax in the afternoon - this was well worth the £90 I payed. The Studio lounge was excellent and the Studio bedroom was also good however I mad the mistake of having an inter-connecting door - which meant I could here the person next door having a shower at 3am!! The main pool area was busy however it is a child friendly ship - if you wanted to move out of the hustle and bustle of the main pool area there was loads of available space and only once did I think "boy this is busy". The drinks in the deck bars were pre-made and this was mainly the cocktails of the day and a few other std drinks apart from that everything I drank was fresh (and I drank a lot). Bar service could be a bit slow however the staff were very good at spotting "Que" jumpers and were very chatty. The disembarkation in Barcelona was a disappointment - we were kicked off at 6am having been told on the Friday - this could have waited until the Saturday - our holiday was not over!!!! - I was in the airport at 7 for a flight at 12:30!! I was also disappointed at the way some people treated the staff - any excuse to moan then they did but the crew worked very hard - I am thinking of going on this boat again when she goes to the Caribbean.

Solo Passenger

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Matthew246

My only comment was that the music in the H20 and Bliss was nearly all Spanish.

Matthew246’s Full Rating Summary