Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Amazing Cruise onboard Diamond Princess

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by bubblesqueaker

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Ship appearance

Although the ship is getting a bit older and decor is dated the ship was very clean and looked great.

Stateroom

As we took a ‘Move Over Offer’ we ended up in an Obstructed Oceanview Cabin over a Balcony. After being spoilt with balconies on the last number of cruises we weren’t sure how we would find it.

When we got our room (which was ready immediately on boarding – not like RCCL – we were pleasantly surprised (one of our suitcases arrived at the room before we did!). The room was located on the Emerald 8th Deck) was spacious (E229) and the obstructed view was better than I was expecting it to be – the lifeboat was covering the bottom half of the window but you could still see out.

We didn’t really spend much time in our room anyway so it worked out well and for our itinerary the ship was a bit rough ever night and you probably wouldn’t have got the same use of one as a Med or Caribbean cruise.

My only niggle about the stateroom was that I felt some of it could have been a little cleaner – around the headboard was dusty as was behind it by the window – this didn’t change during the cruise and I think it was perhaps down to the stateroom attendant, who was lovely! There was also no small touches like chocolates or fancy towels that we got on RCCL.

Pools

We tried all of the pools on the ship. I’m stuck for choosing a favourite because there were so many positives about each of the pools.

The Lotus spa pool was great and was where we spent most of our time. It was quiet and never really felt busy. This was right beside the spa and was adults only.

The main pool was great as it had the big screen to watch movies on. We spent our last sea day here as you were able to get into the pool when you got to warm. It was also refreshing on this ship not to have to fight for a sunbed (last year on RCCL it was a nightmare!). There was always plenty of availability for everything and the ship never felt crowded despite being full.

The pool at the back of the ship was also fantastic. We went up after diner one evening. There was no one else in the pool and as it was a bit rough we had great fun being sent from one side of the pool to the other!

Warning – I had a real gripe about pool towels! Quite often I lifted them and they were not cleaned well and had

bubblesqueaker's Full Rating Summary