• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Arcadia Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

Wide variety of sea conditions, from a force 8 to no wind and thick fog.

Review for Arcadia to the British Isles & Western Europe
Sybella
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Love this ship, itinerary took us to a couple of new places. The ship was full but never felt crowded. Food was lovely... I put on 4lbs. I had to make a choice every night...and the strawberry sundae was delicious!

We had the best cabin steward ever, Shiva, he was so efficient and helpful.

Mum uses a wheelchair and all the staff went out of their way to help her. The doors to the Prom deck were not electric so quite a challenge to get her out there, although there always seemed to be a helpful person to hold doors open. Leaving the Belvedere and going out onto deck 9 by the Aquarius pool there were 2 sets of doors to go through, one set automatic and the other not... I came home with a few bruises as I struggled to hold a door open and push mum through at the same time.

Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Cabin BD

Lovely big room. Great big balcony with 2 recliners and 2 chairs, a big table, small table and 2 footrests. Bathroom had 2 sinks, shower, Jacuzzi bath with shower. Daily canapes and a never empty fruit bowl. Chocolates and champagne on arrival.

We used room service every day for breakfast, it was lovely.

Port Reviews

Gibraltar

We walked off and I pushed mum to Main Street. Did a bit of shopping. Walk took about 20mins pushingvtge wheelchair in the heat.

Olbia

It was possible to get an accessible shuttle here and then walk round the town. It was s bit uneven for the wheelchair but we managed.

Find an Arcadia Cruise