• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

eithkay
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because it was the one that included the Edinburgh tattoo. We flew to London 3 days prior to the cruise and were able to enjoy many of the must see attractions. The transfer to the ship was arranged through Princess and went smoothly. The ship, although several years old, is in good shape after going through a recent refit. The cabins are what you might expect, however the beds have been upgraded and are extremely comfortable. We chose traditional dining in order to be able to take in the early shows. I found the menu very good and the food excellent. Several of the evening shows used local talent which added the variety of the entertainment. As usual, with Princess, we found the service to be top notch especially Hedy our stateroom steward who when above and beyond. As I had never been to the British Isles before I found all the Ports of Call very interesting and enjoyed several shore excursions especially a trip to Juno Beach the Canadian D-Day landing site and the tattoo which I was able to cross of my bucket list.

All in all a busy itinerary but well worth it.

Balcony