Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Honest Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Nataliebaggett

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

Okay so this was my very first cruise and I'm here to leave an honest review of it. I'm going to give a brief review of every aspect of this fun vacation!

Carnival Dream Ship

Okay so the ship was huge. I know I don't have any to compare it to but my friend I travelled with had been on two Royal Carribean cruises and said this ship was much much bigger. There was a nice running track viewing the ocean, a basketball court, clubs, casino, mini golf, and nice slides for the kids. The casino was always full but always had slots available. The clubs were never full and looked boring. I think there were only two small pools and I never even got the chance to dip in them because it was always too crowded. However, I didn't make much of an effort to get in the pool either. The hot tubs were always full so I never made it in any of them either and there quite a few of them so it was disappointing I never made it in. The ship was always kept clean and there was rarely a dull moment.

We were on the very bottom floor with one of the cheapest rooms so our cabin was very small and we could feel the boat rocking a lot. Our beds were not super comfortable. The bathroom was not very nice at all as it looked a little outdated and very small. No complaints though because that's what we paid for. For two college girls on a budget, it was perfect.

The food was not spectacular. The buffets served mostly the same things everyday and there were not many options. The 24 hr ice cream was great! The pizza line was pretty good. Guy's Burger joint was very good. The dining at dinner was pretty good but the serving sizes are small and there are not many options to choose from.

BEST service. I missed my massage by an hour and they still worked me in. The dinner dining staff knew us by name and even remembered our drink orders each night. Guest service was so polite and helped us figure out a wifi problem we had. The service in general was awesome. Nothing but good things to say about these wonderful people.

Ports and Shore Excursions

We had great experiences with all of our excursions. We had to take two tender boats in Cozumel and Belize. This was an easy transition from land to shore.

I did not travel with any children but the kids on the boat looked like they were having a blast. Mat the cruise director had constant fun and games for everybody.

I would definitely go again. SO thankful for this ship and this wonderful vacation!

Nataliebaggett's Full Rating Summary

Horseback Riding

We took about a 30 minute ride to a private beach for our horseback rides. There were lockers to rent for $10 to keep your stuff in and a small shop with authentic souvenirs in Roatan. They split into groups of 4-5 so that our rides were not too crowded. They didn't give much explanation on how to handle the horse so my horse actually took off up a hill and it was terrifying. Then, the instructor showed me how to control the horse and it was much better! We took a short trail ride and then the horse walked through the water to a small private island. Some of the horses were actually swimming in deeper water. When we were finished we were given the option to snorkel for about $35 extra and it is a must see! We snorkeled in the second largest barrier reef in the world after Australia's. We were able to get up close and personal with the reef and it was incredible. Then we got some island time before heading back to the ship.

View All 35 Horseback Riding Reviews
Shark & Stingray Encounter

This was a fun but longgg day. I would not suggest this for kids because it can be scary getting so close to the sharks and stingrays and might be a waste of money if they choose not to get in the water. We took about an hour boat ride to the sharks. They came right up to the boat and so did the stingrays. I also saw a barracuda. We had a good time doing that and then we got to snorkel some after and this was a great time too. There were quite a few of us snorkeling at once so it was a little hard to do but it was definitely worth it. Once we were done in the water we got to see the city and we could buy lunch if we wanted to. The place seemed pretty poor and dirty and I honestly didn't trust the food or water so I didn't eat. Instead we shopped at the little stores on the street and bought some awesome stuff like bags, pipes, jewelry, etc. It was a great experience.

View All 48 Shark & Stingray Encounter Reviews

I can't find the real name of the excursion but we got to snorkel with sea turtles. It was awesome! We saw six huge turtles that came right up to us in the water. We were given lunch after in Mexico and it was delicious. Very nice restaurant and not at all skeptical about the food we ate. Then we could shop for awhile after lunch. Great excursion!

View All undefined undefined Reviews