3. Royal Princess
My sister and I chose this because we had one week in common off and I said, I am looking to see to where Princess goes this week and that is where we are going! At first I was a little disappointed that there was 2 sea days but we enjoyed those almost more than the port days. The Cruise activity staff were wonderful. We loved the trivia and name that tune activities. They had some new twists and turns to the old standard games. The Princess at Sea application is new since the last time I sailed on Princess and I loved it! I could communicate with my sister, we could pick out our activities, find out what was going on when our plans changed, and had a map on hand at all times. The ship was full! We had two calls prior to leaving asking us if we wanted to change our cruise as it was oversold, we did agree to a voluntary downgrade from a mini-suite to a baloney for a nice rebate. The room was still fine as far as room and really we did not need a suite. We ate in the Crown Grill and it was a great experience. The steaks were wonderful. The side dishes outstanding. Eating away from the dining room once was fine, otherwise, I enjoy the dining room. The food is fine and service great. I like to share with others and enjoy the lively conversation. It was quite hot while on excursions and that was good.

Wonderful trip, Great ship

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Nursepal

It was quite hot while on excursions and that was good.
Nursepal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Cabin E104
Way at the front of the ship, adds a few steps when you get back from an excursion or from dinner. The obstructed view is from the balcony not having a clear railing, it is steel and not clear. Did not bother us. Steward was fine. Not especially note worthy, no towel animals. No fruit bowl.
  Royal Princess Deck Plans

• Athens (Piraeus)
    We stayed at the Hotel Plaka. Nice hotel, tiny tiny lobby and lift. Rooms were fine and good AC. We walked around, did not do most of the monuments as they are not well maintained and heard rumors of people slipping on the steps. Had a great meal at a place called Vintage.
    View All 1,178 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Barcelona
    This was the Princes post-cruise hotel. The hotel is very well done. Very polished. The rooms are nice looking but here are two issues. One, we could not get two twin beds, ( we are two sisters traveling together) and two the shower is over a tub. The tub is quite high so it is difficult to get into it, then the controls are not accessible from outside the tub, so when I turned on the water, it already hit me. I don't think that is safe. Otherwise a nice hotel. We had a very early flight pick up, did not try the breakfast, did not offer a take away breakfast.
    View All 11,640 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Flamenco Show
    Books a Flamemco Show via Shoretrips. The place from the outside was not outstanding, sort of a high school gym with a stage. but the food was great, the service was quick, and the sangria was wonderful. The main reason for going was the dancing which was wonderful! Excellent dancers! A group of 4 and then two solo dancers.
    View All 27 Flamenco Show Reviews
  • Kotor
    No need to take an excursion here. Wonderful city to wander around. We happened on some dancers. Did some shopping, did some people watching, looked at some churches. I was not able to climb the steps to the top. Only down side is the large number of people trying to sell you things, trips, taxis, you name, when you come off the tender, just kept saying no and kept walking.
    View All 650 Kotor Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kotor Cruise Port Review
  • Amalfi Coast
    Unreal sights as we drove along. Very beautiful. the turns were certainly interesting and the traffic a sight in itself. If I come back, might try the coast by boat.
    View All 252 Amalfi Coast Reviews
  • Sorrento
    Part of Coast tour, first stop and lunch. Good lunch. Stopped slightly early as many shops were not quite open. Could have used better directions from the tour guide as to where to go to look for lemon related items.
    View All 144 Sorrento Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Took the Best of tour through Princess. Great day. Enjoyed everything except line, which was over an hour in the sun to take the cable car down at the end of the day. There was a rumor that the cable car was broken was awhile during the day but it was a drag and really really hot. Black sand beach was cool, wine tasting was fun. Seeing the island, the white building with the blue roofs was wonderful.
    View All 91 Island Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Nice bus tour and then walking tour. The tour pace was a bit much for me and I had to drop off before getting to the Greek Theater. The Town was very interesting. Did some shopping, had a brief bite to eat. unique place to visit.
    View All 87 City Tour Reviews