3. Grandeur of the Seas
This was the first cruise with Royal Caribbean, if I had never cruised before I would not have known there was better. But I have and I doubt I will use them again. The stateroom, the basic stateroom was small, the bathroom was smaller and the shower was tiny. When we arrived on the ship I did not feel my bathroom was very clean. Shower curtain was filthy, toilet had a brown ring on the seat that disappeared after first night, floss on the floor that was not my own. For the seated dinning I was not impressed with my first meal so i did not return until the last two days of the cruise which was an improvement, but I have had better. The variety was slim in the buffet and cafe. This is the first time I left a cruise hungry. I wish there would have been rainy day activities, but there were not many. During the day it was hard to find things to do, but it was all jammed into the evening. There were two acts that were awesome Two Funny Guys, Daniel and Mario and IMPACT. Greg London a musical impersonator was pretty good too. Everything else fell flat to me. The other two comedians were bland. Royal Caribbean dancers were fairly good, singers were sub par, with one outshining the rest. They had a celebrations of nations which was pretty cool and honored our vets and service men and women which was very nice as well. The service was okay. Only a small amount were actually very friendly. We saw our room steward once, had to request a few Cruise Compasses as we didn't receive one. As for the ports Bermuda was great, Nassau is a port I'd skip, and CoCo Cay was okay. We enjoyed a Jet Ski tour on CoCo Cay and a Glass Bottom Boat excursion in Bermuda which was very informative. I did not travel with children, but there were a lot of children on board. I always heard Royal Caribbean had less children, but that is incorrect by my observations. I did not like that every time you sat someone was trying to sell you something; activities that cost extra, the exclusive restaurants. It was quite a nuisance when on vacation and tacky. I has three people try to sell me the same restaurant experience withing 15 minutes of sitting in the same spot. Personally, I would not cruise with Royal Caribbean again.I would visit Bermuda again, but on a different cruise line and I would not visit Nassau again.

Previously cruised, 1st with Royal Caribbean

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by ks72

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

ks72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin was small, only one could get ready at a time. The bathroom was very small and the shower was tiny.
I had a room with a window on a different cruise line for less than the basic stateroom on Royal Caribbean and it was twice as big.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans