3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
I chose the QM2 because of its reputation and a desire to sail on her. It was the smoothest sailing I have ever experienced. The ship is spacious. The stateroom was very comfortable. QM2 is a true ocean liner and a grand ship. The pre cruise package purchased through Cunard was dreadful because the transfer from Singapore's Changi airport to the Fairmont hotel didn't happen - nobody was at the airport to pick us up. After an international flight we had to walk all over the airport trying to find someone who could answer our question 'where is our transfer?'. We ended up getting a taxi to the Fairmont Hotel where we were persuaded to pay additional money to upgrade our pre-paid room. Nobody from Cunard or the transfer personnel contacted us to apologise for the confusion. We were told somebody would pick our bags up next morning and deliver them to another hotel where we had to walk to and claim our bags before boarding the transfer. Unimpressed with this chaos we decided to pay for a taxi to port ourselves. Cunard have never offered any compensation despite the matter being reported to them. The room at the Fairmont was lovely and we had use of the club lounge for food, drinks and breakfast. This privilege was only because I paid to upgrade as otherwise we had to walk to another hotel for breakfast. Embarkation was a chaotic nightmare as the computers broke and thousands of people waited hours to embark. As far as the experience on the Queen Mary 2 I have to say it was wonderful. We particularly enjoyed the viewing window to the bridge. The dining experiences were wonderful and the food delicious. The captain was a gentleman. After exploration of the QM2 we were not that impressed with the kennels as the outside area seemed insecure in terms of fencing and it looked like some dogs could just jump the railing. We travelled through high risk waters (pirates) without incident and there was a black out each night with curtains drawn. Yet I had to alert the reception that the outside lighting / ship's night lights were still on so I think those pirates would still have seen us! There was a viral outbreak during the cruise which made things unpleasant as it is with all cruises that have these outbreaks. Yes I would love to travel on the Queen Mary 2 again as it was a grand experience.

Smoothest sailing ever!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by trippingtraveller

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

The dining experiences were wonderful and the food delicious.

The captain was a gentleman.

trippingtraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BU 6144
Our cabin was lovely. Beautiful bathroom toiletries. Balcony was very uninviting. Bed comfortable. Linen was not changed at all the entire cruise.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins