3. Serenade of the Seas
This is 4th RCC cruise. This was one area we hadn't traveled before. Glad we did, but not one we'd repeat, as we would the Venice, Croatia, Santori cruise. I agree with those who say the Serenade of the Sea is a good but worn ship. Guess it's because of the size of the ports but not as enjoyable as the larger ships we've cruised on in the past. I also agree that the food wasn't as good as on other cruises. That dining service was outstanding, as always, but there were a few nights, we just didn't care for any of the the starters or entrees and had to go to the "classics" grilled chicken which we knew was good, but tiring after 3 times. The deserts were also not as fun as on prior cruises. I'm not sure if this is due to cost cutting efforts or to lack of creativity. Did enjoy the waiters and the show they provided on day 3. I would like to mention the guides during the port excursions as I didn't see an area to comment on them on the official RCC survey. The ABSOLUTELY BEST GUIDE we've ever had in all 5 cruises we've taken was our guide "group 8, Stockholm"-- on Aug 14th. I really wish I had taken his name so he would receive credit due, but hopefully his company will note this reference. He was amazing! Informative, entertaining! Was no doubt working as a guide as a supplement to his acting jobs as he gave us descriptions and history of each site as if it was a play and he was the main character. We really felt we had gone back in time and were experiencing the event! On the other end, our guide in Tallin, Estonia was terrible, Siiri from Den Ensti tours. I took time to note her name in hopes of also letting her company know how we did not enjoy this cruise. We had earphones on. She walked ahead, with her back to us, talking in a chronic "sing song" voice, like she was reading from a book. No real interaction, no energy. Several of us just took out our earphones and followed her around, not really caring what she was saying. One recommendation to RCC is to consider offering one palace tour combined with a walk around the town with free time instead of 2 palace tours on one excursion. In both St. Petersberg and Copenhagen we had 2 palace or museum tours and no free time to actually see the town. We loved the tour of the palaces but as we saw nothing else, felt we really didn't see either of those cities.

Baltic cruise: interesting, enjoyable, not repeatable

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by ggemom

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Europe

Did enjoy the waiters and the show they provided on day 3.

ggemom’s Full Rating Summary