3. Amsterdam
We take this cruise every year. This year the weather was awesome and so were the people we met. Some things have changed, and NOT for the better. 1. No deliv. of morning newspaper.You must go all the way to the front desk and get your own. 2. Obviously they have once again changed coffee's.. not very good.. sad when you must go to the Explorer Cafe and pay for a decent cup of coffee! 3. In Room Dinning ( room service ) changed their breakfast menu. So many less choices! But, I must say.. that in room dinning went out of their way to accommodate us.. Thank you! 4. I asked for the daily dinning room menu to be deliv everyday. I got it 3 times. 5. Our toilet 2 times decided not to flush! We had to wait for maintenance to come. 6. The air conditioning in our cabin was way to warm.. after having it fixed " 3 times".. we gave up and asked for a fan. 7. our cabin stewards were terrific. 8. Food in both the dinning room and Lido.. was never hot. This is more than just food being cold.. it is a HEALTH ISSUE! 9. Painting and varnishing when people are on a deck is awful and they need better ventilation when doing it. .

Getting Better!

Amsterdam Cruise Review by JoAnnaBullhead

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

Some things have changed, and NOT for the better.

7. our cabin stewards were terrific.

JoAnnaBullhead’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 2703
Cabin was as expected. Served it purpose. Getting to be a bit outdated.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins