3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
The voyage is the vacation! We chose this trip because we love sea days in the first place, we've always wanted to try Cunard and found an amazing deal. Originally the plan was to cruise to Southampton and fly home, but getting from ship to Heathrow is a pain so we just went both ways. First the ship: Queen Mary 2 is the only true ocean liner afloat. She was designed and built to cross the North Atlantic. She is smooth, fast, luxurious and absolutely amazing in her design. The layout can be a bit confusing especially moving on the lower decks from back to front and back again, which you do a lot going to the different venues. Entertainment: Two Theaters. Really. The Royal Court theater for the production and feature entertainment shows and some of the speakers, and Illuminations, which is a very nice venue for speakers, movies oh and yeah, a planetarium. Most amazing. A great big ballroom at the aft of the ship, and a high tech night club. Music in most bars in the evenings. Daytime music recitals, and classical music at afternoon tea. They had some really terrific guest speakers. I could go on about the world war 2 veterans for hours, but just go to tggf.org and read about these wonderful people yourself. Food: Absolutely some of the best. Main Dining room: I've had a few better meals on other ships, but in general the chef's on QM2 do a terrific job. Our only complaint is the layout of the buffet, It's not done well. Very tight quarters, noisy and kind of difficult to navigate. The food is good though. We were assigned an A2 class balcony on deck 13. How cool was that??!! I was told that most balcony cabins are generally the same, the only difference being location. The deck 13 cabins were only installed in June 2016, so very new and very nice. In short, I'm checking my websites every few days in hopes of finding another great deal on the QM2

What an amazing Ship!!