• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Riviera Review

Editor Rating
81 Awards

Wonderful cruise, but for a luxury line it leaves things a bit lacking

Review for Riviera to the Mediterranean
RTPGiants
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2017
Cabin: Concierge Level

On the whole, the cruise was very very good and the itinerary (which I credit Oceania with putting together) was excellent. However, for a line and ship that bill themselves as a luxury line, I just don't think they lived up to it. Our most recent cruises prior to this were with Celebrity on Solstice class ships and I found the ship experience on those better, and not necessarily because of the size.

We were in a concierge veranda cabin. It was well appointed with a wide variety of storage locations to accommodate even long cruises. The double tub setup of the bathroom leaves me scratching my head a bit. It would seem that for most a larger singular shower might be more appropriate for a cabin of this size. This didn't create a negative experience, but it seems...redundant.

As we were sailing next door to my parents, they requested the balconies be opened to each other which you could tell can physically be done. However, Oceania apparently has a policy preventing this. It wasn't a huge deal (though my father ran it up the chain), but is this something that only Oceania does? We have (admittedly a long time ago) had balconies opened together.

Concierge Level

Cabin A3

Cabin was good, great storage, but the extra tub seems to eat bathroom space. See my full review for more.

Find a Riviera Cruise from $1,149