3. Westerdam
Chose this cruise because we had never been to Spain and we like the Holland cruises. Two sea days and 10 ports. Stayed 2 days in Ramblas district of Barcelona before our cruise and loved the city! Didn't book any of the Holland cruises because they were too expensive so made arrangements for tours before we left home. Dining room service was impeccable and most of the dinners were wonderful, presented beautifully and did not disappoint. However, there were just a few low points. I love Caesar Salad and was disappointed that the salad arrived wilted. Tried it in the Pinnacle Grill and it was only marginally better even after I made a point of asking them to make sure the salad was freshly tossed. Not all romaine either. One evening, I opted to have a chicken mango salad for my entree and found it curious that although it was one of the title ingredients, there were exactly three tiny thin slices of mango on the plate. We did not use spa services this trip because of the heavy sales pressure to buy products during last year's Alaska cruise so can't comment on the Spa this trip. I also avoid any of their health and beauty seminars because I found in the past they were just thinly veiled attempts to, once again, sell products or services. We have always enjoyed the main showroom entertainment on board and although we enjoyed the Frozen Earth film concert, the comedian and the illusionist, we were disappointed with the Westerdam dancers and singers this trip. Although they have pretty good voices, they seem to be trained to sing as loud as possible. Overall, the pros outweighed the cons on our voyage and we had a great cruise.

Westerdam Western Riviera Cruise 12-day

Westerdam Cruise Review by SweetSue325

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Overall, the pros outweighed the cons on our voyage and we had a great cruise.
SweetSue325’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 5050
Cabin was pretty roomy, had lots of closets, cupboards and drawer space to accommodate all of the clothes and sundries we brought for the two week cruise. Cabin stewards were all friendly and attentive and the room was tidied at least twice a day. Carpets could use replacing as they seemed a tad worn out to me. I saw stewards going to another cabin with a carpet cleaner mid-cruise and it reminded me to always wear my flip-flops in the room.
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins