We chose this review for the itinerary, hoping for an upscale smaller ship.
1) My primary reason for given this such a poor review was that the staff was really not great. This has to be the first cruise where we encountered absolutely unfriendly staff. Most of them did not want to be there it felt like. Only our room attendant & the gentleman staffing the gym, were charming and always offering a smile. The first incident, lost luggage, took 4 hours to resolve because reception could not connect the dots between a customer calling for a lost bag and the bag sitting behind his counter. When confronted, he said, well I can't know it's your bag :/ Another example is the gentleman working in the concierge lounge. I'm sorry I am not as amusing as what is on your phone, but I assumed that your job was to help people and not look at Instagram....
2) Food and beverage. In general, was OK. Was not wowed. Often was slow in dining areas to get served wine so you are stuck waiting for sommelier to come over. Also, we traveled with a friend who had special dietary needs and it was painful to watch Oceania try and get this right. Meal after meal. Day after day. McDonald's could have done a better job accommodating this.
3) Missed a port due to weather. Not really their fault, but set a tone for the cruise.
4) Shore excursions are ridiculously overpriced to the point where it's comical. Book your own.
5) Drink package is silly. Only during meal times on the basic...and no spirits, etc. The value wasn't there.
Considering I have been trying for over a year (unsuccessfully!) to be removed from their mailing list, I shouldn't have been surprised. For the price, just no. Look elsewhere.
Terrible port. Nothing to do.