Exceeded Expectations: River Royale Cruise Review by fickle fox

Exceeded Expectations

Sail Date: August 2017
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Bordeaux
I was invited by a friend to go on this river cruise and was a bit nervous as I suffer from motion sickness. The good news.......no motion sickness and it was an amazing experience.

I would have to say the highlights were the Cruise Managers (Adrian) planned excursions which included cooking classes, bike rides through the vineyards and wine tastings. My favorite........St. Emilion, I could have spent a week there just strolling the ancient cobblestone streets and exploring all of the amazing little wine shops. The staff and crew were outstanding, I couldn't have asked for better service and they went out of there way to accommodate all of us. The food could have been a bit more "exciting", I'm a bit of a foodie and I feel that that's one area that they could improve. The wine selection was good, the pastry chef was outstanding. I would definitely sail with Uniworld again, they go above and beyond to make your vacation memorable and enjoyable. Less

Published 08/22/17
1 Helpful Vote

Cabin review: 5107 Stateroom with Portholes

Our cabin was "below deck" which also made me nervous but I was pleasantly surprised, although small, it was the same size as the other staterooms, we had ample storage, two large portholes, very comfortable beds, Hermes and L'Occitane toiletries, and it was very clean and well maintained.

Read All Stateroom with Portholes (5) Reviews >>